PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Magpul/Rogers AR carbine stocks

JT-AR-MG42
August 11, 2012, 12:32 AM
I am considering either one for my M16 carbine.

My nephew is quite a bit smaller in stature and I think the adjustable length of pull would be a benefit. It will be his in a few years, so I wanted to start getting him shooting it with a stock that is both comfortable and one that fits.

Problem is, I am bewildered by all the various models being sold.

On the gun now is a G.I.? old style that is a P.O.S. Wobbly and really just uncomfortable to use. I usually use the fixed stock for this reason.

Standard carry handle upper with iron sights.
I could use a little feedback - with model names/numbers - for cross referencing off their sites.

I am kind of leaning toward either the Rogers-super-stock or the Magpul ACS-L - if they are not wobbly- or maybe bucking up for the UBR with it's proprietary buffer tube.

Any comments/suggestions from current users are appreciated.

JT

Creeper
August 11, 2012, 12:57 AM
Both the Rogers and the Magpul have proprietary locking devices that reduce or eliminate play.
Both have sloping cheek welds... the Magpul is slightly wider.
Rogers has a slightly stepped recoil pad while the Magpul is straight. The Magpul has optional, thicker recoil pads.
The Magpul has storage capability which the Rogers forgoes for lighter weight. The Rogers is one-size-fits-all, while the Magpul is available for MilSpec or commercial.
The Rogers is $25 cheaper.

The Magpul CTR is actually a closer comparison to the Rogers.

Cheers,
C

Quentin2
August 11, 2012, 01:09 AM
The Magpul ACS-L is about 1.5" longer than many other stocks so you might want to look at the CTR instead as Creeper mentioned. Also the Magpul STR is pretty much a CTR but with a better cheek weld and storage like the ACS. I have the CTR, STR and old style ACS and like the first two better, it's close but the CTR is my favorite.

RT
August 11, 2012, 06:33 AM
My opinion is STR>CTR>MOE but the MOE is great for the price. If you can wait a few weeks or couple months until I get the stamp for my 6933, I'll send you the Rogers stock that I remove. I'm gonna replace it with a CTR

Ridge_Runner_5
August 11, 2012, 12:47 PM
CTR is a great replacement for the standard M4 stock.

1DrnkMxR
August 13, 2012, 08:40 AM
I got the Rogers SuperStock and I like it. I've read that Colt are now using the SuperStock on their AR15 rifles.