PDA

View Full Version : savage 64

old fart
August 10, 2012, 10:58 PM
does the savage model 64 semi auto 22 have last round hold open on the bolt? thanks

idek
August 11, 2012, 02:31 AM
I had one several years ago, and my memory may be wrong, but I don't believe it the bolt stays open after the last shot.

old fart
August 12, 2012, 11:55 AM
are these good 22's?, i have chance to get one like new for $50. been shot less than 20 times, the guy is wanting a bolt action so he's selling this one. thanks

learningcurve
August 12, 2012, 01:33 PM
I own one. It is a good, border line great rifle for the money. Mine does not have the bolt open on last round feature. But for the money I paid I can't complain. I love mine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

idek
August 12, 2012, 04:52 PM
Mine was reliable and seemed accurate enough for the plinking and small game hunting I used it for. I never tried any bench shooting with it.

Mine had an integral dovetail scope base (instead of the usual Weaver type), which limited my optics options. I had a cheap little 3-7x20 scope that came with dovetail rings.

Maybe a different scope base could be put on. Not sure.

armed_librarian
August 14, 2012, 03:56 PM
No, the bolt does not stay open.

I would not hesitate a second to buy another one of these guns for $50. I bought mine in May. Not a single problem with it. It's a great little shooter.