PDA

View Full Version : Question on iron sights.

hulley
August 6, 2012, 10:18 AM
I'm waiting on PSA to deliver a new 10.5" upper with FF quad rail but I still need a set of Irons front and rear.

I'm wanting to go with a DD fixed front and either a Magpul or Troy flip up rear. There will be a RDS attached so the rear will actually be a "back-up".

Do Iron sights need to match? Do I need to stick with same manufacture front and rear? My other AR has an A2 style front and a Troy flip up rear and thats fine but the A2 front is pretty much a standard.

Thanks

kraigwy
August 6, 2012, 12:25 PM
No the front and rear sights do not have to match as long as you get them lined up, meaning, once you get them on the rifle, you still have all the elevation and windage you need for your style of shooting.

Creeper
August 6, 2012, 03:04 PM
The DD rail mount front, Magpul MBUS and Troy flips are all A2 spec height. Certain combinations may be better than others... but that's for your eye and brain to figure out.

C

hulley
August 6, 2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks guys, that pretty much abswers my question. I figured the AR Irons are gonna be built to a "standard" height but wanted to make sure. I'll post pics when I get it together. :D