PDA

View Full Version : Very funny LE901 video

JT-AR-MG42
August 6, 2012, 03:29 AM
Hilarious - and scary at the same time.
It's safe to say the way this guy treats the gun, they won't get any of my gun repair business.

This video is, without a doubt, the most inept and dangerous demonstration - by a professional? - of the new Colt .308/.223 convertible that one could imagine short of an AD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbt1tPh3CaI

Like one of the comments below the video mentions, How the heck did this guy get a demo gun from Colt?

I was laughing so hard that I lost count on the number of things he did either wrong or unsafely.

JT

Bartholomew Roberts
August 6, 2012, 06:53 AM
I thought you were just being hypercritical for most of the video until he muzzle-swept everything to his left and apparently left a live round loaded in the 5.56 upper. I bet that will be a fun surprise.

Father Time
August 6, 2012, 11:34 AM
I thought I saw the bolt lock back on an empty mag after he shot both the 5.56 and .308 mags.... Still his range saftey was poor. Who disassembles a rifle with a loaded mag still in it?

But even more anoying than that was him calling the buffers and recoil springs a "thingy" or the magwell insert a "thingy":rolleyes:

Bartholomew Roberts
August 6, 2012, 12:38 PM
I thought I saw the bolt lock back on an empty mag after he shot both the 5.56 and .308 mags....

You are correct. The bolt did lock back on the 5.56 upper. So hopefully the magazine was empty.

Palmetto-Pride
August 6, 2012, 06:29 PM
Ok so this guy could use a little brushing up on a few things(I am being very nice), but it wasn't near as bad as I thought......:)

madcratebuilder
August 7, 2012, 08:10 AM
It looked to be a private range, maybe his private range, so he makes the rules.:rolleyes:

Needs to work on terminology, keep the finger off the trigger and remove the mag before popping the pins. It wasn't that bad but I don't want him handling any of my fire arms.

JT-AR-MG42
August 7, 2012, 09:29 AM
Okay, Okay. I yield.

Guess I look at firearms a little differently, i.e. unsafe practices can lead to a VERY serious accident.
I always check the chamber visually when the gun stops firing, even when I feel the bolt lock back. And the same before any maintenance or dis assembly.
An upper assembly with the bolt locked on an unchecked chamber should be treated with the same respect as the rifle itself.

I believe 8mm film has been phased out in favor of the digital technology. No wasted film on a re-take to correct gun handling mistakes, just a little battery life.
No reason for a company to air such an unprofessional video unless they just don't know better. In retrospect, THAT isn't funny, but rather telling and sad.

JT