PDA

View Full Version : Orlite Mags for AR15

Nathan
August 4, 2012, 01:27 PM
I'm still running some of the Orlite mags from the pre-ban days with absolutely zero issues. I like the design. They have these unique features:
- Super easy to disassemble and wipe down.
- SS mesh supported feed lips.
- rib prevents over insertion
- oversized base prevents backwards insertion

If you run Orlites, how are they working for you?

Also, I'm wondering if I should sell these online to someone who needs preban mags and replace with USGI type? Seems like the nice thing to do.

Jo6pak
August 4, 2012, 03:27 PM
At a time I had about half a dozen Orlite mags. After 15+ years, thousands of rounds and alot of abuse, I have one left in working order. Most fell prey to read lips cracking, and one cracked along the body after I fell on it.

Overall, I was pleased on how well the Orlites worked. They held up at least as well as the aluminum GI mags I've used and abused over the years.

I've now switched to Pmags, and in 10 years we'll find out how well they hold up:)

FALshootist
August 7, 2012, 05:36 AM
Fine for the range junk, for anything else. Split feed lips, split magazine bodies, they were available during the AWB at what seemed like a reasonable cost ($9-11 a piece). After using them, I would rather have an SKS with its 10 round mag than an AR if the only mags I could have were Orlites.

Mobuck
August 8, 2012, 06:30 AM
I've got a bag full of them somewhere but I seldom use 30 round mags so only have used a couple of the orlites. They seem to work fine. I picked the crappiest looking ones to use first and put the like new ones away but the crappy ones are still going so I guess they're OK.

Crow Hunter
August 8, 2012, 07:03 AM
I would sell them to people in ban states for the price of whatever new mag that tickles your fancy.

I did that with all my old pre-ban mags. I remember how bad it sucked during the AWB.