PDA

View Full Version : Broke down and got one

QuarterHorse
August 3, 2012, 10:42 PM
Of all the guns I own (not nearly enough BTW) a .22 has not been one of them. I don't know why/how I haven't had one until now. So I broke down and bought one of these after wanting one for a few years.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/DJones82/2012-08-03182839.jpg

Just brought it home tonight and thumbed through the manual. Plan on a field strip with inspection/cleaning and then a trip to the range perhaps Sunday with it.

Next on the list are a couple of hand guns in 22 for some indoor bowling pin matches they do around here.

Anywho, thought I'd share

fallingrock71
August 4, 2012, 01:03 AM
Congrats and money well spent. .22s are just too much fun and very easy on the wallet to feed. Last trip to the range with my son we shot over 800 rounds. Kinda hard to do that with any other caliber. Let us know how that baby works.

Fishbed77
August 4, 2012, 10:23 PM
There aren't many firearms that are more fun than an AR chambered in .22LR. Here are some photos of my CMMG 16" M4LE WASP .22LR Dedicated upper on a PSA lower. It's an amazingly accurate, reliable, and fun-to-shoot rifle.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff427/Fishbed77/DSC_0021.jpg

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff427/Fishbed77/DSC_0018.jpg

Marquezj16
August 4, 2012, 11:40 PM
Congrats on your new rifle! I have the same one. It likes CCI Standard Velocity, Blazer and Federal Auto Match, 100% function. The regular Federal Bulk Pack and Wichester bulk are around 94-95%. I tried Remington Golden Bullets, they are the lowest by far at 90% function.

I changed out my sights with Magpul MBUS and I use a rimfire scope on mine when I want to shoot for groups at 100+ yards.

Good luck and safe shooting!

QuarterHorse
August 4, 2012, 11:56 PM
Thanks all. All I could get other than Remington was Winchester WB HP. It says in the manual they don't recommend the Remintgon, so the Winchester it was.

Hoping for a range trip tomorrow, we'll see.

The next few buys are 22's for sure. A couple Ruger's and maybe the M&P 22 as the wife thinks it's a good fit for her (always a plus).

Probably going to strip the sights off and go with a red dot. I MAY do a red dot scope if I can find anything longer than 100 yard ranges to frequent. I'm still searching for a place other than when I go hunting to stretch out my .308 around here!

ROGER4314
August 5, 2012, 01:04 AM
That's a nice rifle and you're going to have a ball!

My friends and I take scoped 22's to our range and place clay pigeons on the 200 yard berm (203 yards) then we pick them off with the .22's. One guy leads off and shoots at a bird when the others see the puff of dirt, they try to bust that bird before the first guy does. It's a lot of fun and it's a hoot to see grown men having such a great time.

The wind is so variable that we usually put one round downrange then compensate for the wind on the next round. It works best when the dirt is dry so you can see the dust fly.

My rifles of choice are highly modified 10-22's with big scopes and heavy barrels. If the wind isn't too bad, we're pretty deadly at slaying the pigeons!

Flash

bgdv1
August 5, 2012, 09:08 AM
DONT shoot any remington out of you M&P 15-22 if your extractor blows out do too garbage ammo S&W will not cover it under waranty. when mine was fixed under warranty they sent a letter along stating not to use any remington ammo period. mine was a early production version and i know they did some spring improvements to remedy the issues. i shoot winchester and american eagle out of mine and ive had no further issues. ive probably shot 1.5-2k thru it.

QuarterHorse
August 5, 2012, 01:51 PM
The manual says they DO NOT SUGGEST Remington ammo. That's enough right there for me to stay away.

Range test was today.

In short, this thing digeste 150 rounds of WWB HP ammo with ZERO flaws with the firearm. I had it at 25 yards and at the endof one mag had a hole the size of a half dollar with only a few flyers (I'm sure my fault).

I did have two rounds not fire on the first hit. I simply discharged them and kept them to the side. At the last mag re-installed and they went, I'm not too worried about it with cheap .22 ammo.

It shoots a tad high @ 25 with the sight all the way down to the bottom, and that's fine with me. I can't tell you how happy I am with this thing!

The trigger didn't have any creep that I could tell. My first full mag was very slow fire, trying to feel or creep, I felt zero. I asked my Dad what he thought, same answer.

If anybody had any qualms about the firearm before they purchased I can tell you they should have zero. I'm not at all disapointed I purchased it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as other hand guns - I'm still thinking about picking up the Beretta NEOS after firing a friends.

The Ruger 22/45 has me wonder just from the complaints of take down with a hammer/punch complaint I've read about, but I LOVE the feel of it. I'll see if I can get a bull barrel version for inexpensive.

Loving the cheap feeding of these 22's. I'm sure my collection will grow exponentially.

Marquezj16
August 7, 2012, 05:03 PM
Looks like you have a good one. :)

QuarterHorse
August 7, 2012, 11:22 PM
Well in less than a week I'm already messing with it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/DJones82/2012-08-07205100.jpg

No need for secondary optics as it's not a battle rifle but a plinker. Perhaps some bowling pin top matches this winter indoors. I have a few other items I'm sure I'll end up throwin on it, but I need to get a few more rounds through before I decide how to play with the inards of this one. :)

QuarterHorse
August 9, 2012, 11:17 PM
Well I through some bolt ons on it the other night. So after another range trip I thought I'd give 'er some color.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/DJones82/2012-08-09230455.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/DJones82/2012-08-09230638.jpg

I had crayons laying around that my 4 year old son doesn't have time for, so I thought I'd break 'em in.........

Marquezj16
August 10, 2012, 05:35 AM
Nice updates. They are so easy to accesorize. :)

Whitetail99
August 10, 2012, 12:03 PM
Kool pics