PDA

View Full Version : I need one of these

TNT
July 28, 2012, 09:39 AM
http://www.gilboa-rifle.com/Gilboa-Firearms/Snake/
not sure of the legality of them here in the states but it sure be nice

Tuzo
July 28, 2012, 11:53 AM
With the introduction of this twin barreled AR derivative there must be an answering AK derivative with 3? barrels. Can't wait for this serious weapons gap to either close or escalate.

How about another AR/AK reliability discussion based on the number of barrels? Hence, the predicted reliability for the Gilboa is twice as bad because it is an AR. Predicted reliability for a multibarreled AK will be twice (with two barrels) or three (with three barrels) times as good.

jason41987
July 28, 2012, 11:58 AM
whats the kinetic energy of a .223?... around 1,400ft/lbs, right?... kenetic energy of a .308 is about 2.800ft/lbs, exactly double...

so, add the extra weight of a second barrel, a wider carrier, and the added complication of the entire rifle which is likely to fail anyway to do what?... deliver the energy a single .308 would?...

designs like this i absolutely hope are fake, its just insane to think something like this could ever be useful, if youre THAT lacking for stopping power, go for a larger cartridge, simple as that

UtopiaTexasG19
July 28, 2012, 12:21 PM
Just think, with two barrels you can just strap on a pair of binoculars for optics!

Creeper
July 28, 2012, 12:26 PM
Man... I wish there was a delete post button. :o

Creeper
July 28, 2012, 12:27 PM
"The firearms in the Gilboaâ„¢ series are available in various calibers: 5.56x45mm; .223"; 7.62x39mm; 7.62x51mm; .308" and 9mm Para."

4.270 Kg is 8.5 lbs... for the 5.56 "Snake", empty. I wonder what the 7.62 version weighs? :rolleyes:

Gilboa seems to be a highly connected and competent company that makes a variety of conventional AR based firearms. The "Snake" is, I suppose, an answer to a question... but who in the hell asked the question?

Just think is right UtopiaTexas... now you can have multiples of all accessories. A Sidewalk Commando's wet dream!

http://www.gilboa-rifle.com/Gilboa-Firearms/Snake/files/Gilboa%20Snake%208.jpg

Cheers,
C

5.56RifleGuy
July 28, 2012, 12:32 PM
It seems really dumb, but I wonder what two simultaneous strikes would do to a trauma plate in body armor.

We will never see it here if it fires with a single trigger pull. That would make it a machine gun.

hardhat harry
July 28, 2012, 02:04 PM
This has FAIL written all over it.

Husqvarna
July 28, 2012, 02:29 PM
DLiller

imagine the hassle to have it shoot to the same poi, and my experience of double rifles (very limited) it only happens at a set distance

Isn't there already an AK that fires two bullets at the same time? for the purpose of penetrating vests

5.56RifleGuy
July 29, 2012, 01:42 AM
I'm not sure if it would have to strike the same spot to be effective, as much as hit at the same time. I have no basis for this and its more along the lines of thinking back to seeing videos of people kicking footballs and such is slow motion. The deformation and waves that come across the object. I'm just wondering if the shoots happen at the same time, if it would have a magnified effect on hurting the plate.

As far as the AK thing goes, yes the AN-94. It has a hyper burst that gets 2 shots out before the felt recoil of the first. I have heard stories about an American gun writer going over to check them out, and saying the worst accuracy out of a sample they pulled and shot resulted in a slightly oblong hole. Most shot the rounds through the same hole.

The problem with them seems to be they are a pain in the ass to produce, but I'm sure they wouldn't be quick to tell us if it had other issues also.

But that rifle eats armor.

jason41987
July 29, 2012, 03:54 AM
does anyone else think its dumb to design a rifle to fire two bullets for aided lethality when a single .308 will do all of that, plus more without the added weight and complication of having a siamese twin of a rifle?