PDA

View Full Version : SGWorks Install and Initial Review

savage1r
July 26, 2012, 05:16 PM
Somewhat lengthy video, but I wanted to be thorough, covering the issues that come with converting your SKS and fitting it into the SGWorks stock kit. Overall, I am extremely impressed with the design, fit/finish, and functionality of the stock. There are a few downsides, but all are fixable with a little time and patience. Take a look and let me know what you think, shooting and field testing will be a ways off, but it will be worthwhile!

VIDEO (www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRIngFrNazU)

savage1r
August 1, 2012, 04:29 PM
So this is a follow up video, going over the somewhat nameless 30 rnd sks duckbill magazine I picked up. It's pretty good over all when it comes to loading through stripper clips, we'll see how it performs when firing and feeding. Let me know any suggestions or comments you may have.

VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pqibxiNcyc)

savage1r
September 24, 2012, 12:30 PM
I went out to the range with my friend, ValhallaGardian, and my dad to sight in our rifles. It took damn near the whole time to sight in the SGWorks kit because I was all over the place and couldn't find where my bullets were landing. After 50 rounds, I was finally on paper, then I handed the rifle over to Valhalla and jumped on the camera to get a few action shots. More to come as we get this system dialed in. The gun worked FLAWLESSLY, not one single jam. A side note, however, that steel magazine I was using was fed HP rounds and worked like a champ. When I tried to load it up at home with FMJ's, it jammed up tight. The curve midway down the mag caught the tip of an FMJ and I had to smack the bullet out with a dowel to release the follower. Unfortunately for me, I'm going to have to go on the lookout for another steel mag in the 10-20rnd range that will top load and feed reliably with ALL types of ammo. Oh well, you live and learn, here's the video:

VIDEO 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OwV_Pdk_Mo)