PDA

View Full Version : Saiga hunter"? .308

Husqvarna
July 24, 2012, 03:41 PM
http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/civil/civ011/saiga_308-2.jpg

one store here in Sweden are now offering them, due to laws they have been a big no-no. all licenses are pending approval so it is not on my immidiate shopping list.

Any thoughts on it? is it what you guys buy or some special version sold to us trapped in liberalistan?

does it retain the AK47 reliability even in a new calibre? what to expect in terms of accuracy? as a pig gun it seems perfect?

is it like a conventional rifle in terms of mounting optics?

will US(russian aftermarket parts fit?

in no means would i like to tacticool it but it is nice with options.

is the ergonomics way of in that more bolt rifle stock config?

it is too bad with our pesky gun laws because i have read great stuff about our finnish neighbours ak47-clones, just myths or are those claims for real?

we have different classes for different game, the moose, boar etc etc are class 1 and the demands on a bullit/gun is
atleast a bullet of 9 g and force at 100 m atleast 2700 Joule or bulletweightm atleast 10 g and force at 100 m atleast 2000 Joule would the original 7,62x39mm measure up to that? if the in the future offer it in the Saiga hunter

sgn100391
July 24, 2012, 07:37 PM
Sorry about them laws.
I have them Saiga 308. I converted it to a pistol grip with folding stock.
Yes it is AK reliable even with an aftermarket 25 round magazine.
That thing is if you slug them Russian guns they are not 308. They are .309-.310. I reload and use 311 and it gets me 1.5 moa.
good luck

Husqvarna
July 25, 2012, 04:08 AM
How much would me being lefthanded matter? I already shot a semi shotgun and it dosnt.

Husqvarna
July 25, 2012, 04:14 AM
Hows the operation if it jams? Om my sg you rack it back but havs to manualky release the volt, would the saiga be more like rack and let go?

chris in va
July 25, 2012, 03:32 PM
Saigas and AK's don't have a bolt hold open feature (save for the manual locking tab on a Saiga). If it jams, yank back on the handle. It's part of the bolt.