PDA

View Full Version : AK47 Shooting Demonstration (HD)

Amsdorf
July 14, 2012, 10:36 AM
Having some fun with the good old WASR 10/63, this one has a Tapco T6, butt pad, and Hogue grip. Shooting cheap Russian steal ammo, put over 350 rounds through it in the session yesterday...not a single FTF, the only thing happening now on the rifle is the bolt is not locking back after the last round.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Apwf0CbfQ

bamaranger
July 14, 2012, 05:40 PM
Hey, if it runs, and you like it, it's all good.

Your failure to lock may be a magazine problem. Clean same or get another mag and see it it persists.

Again, your rifle, but the telestock on an AK is not for me. I'd rather have a side folder, which allows fairly compact storage. The only tele equipped AK I've shot bit me w/ every shot, I could not get a cheek weld and had to turtle my chin on the stock every shot.

I'll look at your other vids while I'm at it.

5.56RifleGuy
July 14, 2012, 05:50 PM
If I remember correctly, those rifles don't have a last round bolt hold open, so I would say that is normal.

Amsdorf
July 14, 2012, 11:11 PM
Yup, totally normal for an AK, as I've found out today.

Sinlessorrow
July 15, 2012, 12:10 AM
good video, AK's have always needed to be charged when changing mags.

Amsdorf
July 15, 2012, 07:30 AM
It is elegant simplicity, in every respect. You got to admire the design.

Mr Budha
July 16, 2012, 10:36 AM
Cool vid, don't know why it's so much fun to watch people just shoot guns lol (although it is way more fun to shoot :p). And yes, the bolt not holding open is normal. I always pull the trigger just to make sure I'm out before pulling back the bolt to double check.

Fastercat
July 16, 2012, 11:59 AM
Recently acquired an AK with a slide fire stock. I think it's about the most fun the law allows.