PDA

View Full Version : Help deciding which color to pick. What would you choose?

TITAN308
July 8, 2012, 12:11 PM
We are shipping off a demo unit to a handful of well established bloggers and industry shooters to give us some real world unbiased feedback. While all the parts are broken down we decided we could possibly re-finish it so we have more than just black units.

Community polls are almost always helpful. What color do you guys like?

Thanks as always for your input. :)

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/8875/newbitmapimageso.png

Yung.gunr
July 8, 2012, 03:45 PM
I guess I feel that if it is not going to be wood it should be black... I don't own anything except black and wood.

Shotgun693
July 8, 2012, 04:35 PM
Actually a desert camo would be my choice but it wasn't listed.

jason41987
July 8, 2012, 06:43 PM
hmm... i would try to find one in hot pink.. you know, to be unlike everyone else

insomni
July 8, 2012, 08:37 PM
I always laugh when I hear what is unlovingly dubbed "f****ed up ACU gray" referred to by its official name: Foliage green.

voting for urban gray, those black accents on the grip look really sharp in that scheme.

rickyrick
July 8, 2012, 09:25 PM
I just did a mini14 in battleship grey, looks pretty cool. I thought the greens and tans have been worn out.

theunderdog1982
July 8, 2012, 09:27 PM
Black for now.

Fishbed77
July 8, 2012, 10:51 PM
Well since this thing obviously isn't meant to be any kind of hunting or military/tactical firearm, you may as well forgo all the hunting or "tactical" colors. They are kind of silly on a rifle like this.

Why not metallic cobalt blue? Ferrari red? Silver? Chevy used to make cars in this great color called "Cayenne Red Metallic".

Auto426
July 9, 2012, 01:16 AM
It's hard to go wrong today with flat dark earth, or FDE. It's probably the most popular color today for AR-15 accessories other than standard black. Even if you aren't intending on venturing into a desert environment, it provides a nice contrast to black anodized and parkerized parts of the typical AR. Hell, I'm planning on adding some FDE accessories to my AR-15, and I live in a swamp.

rickyrick
July 9, 2012, 10:57 AM
Since I can't vote again, write in vote for grey or gray can't remember which spelling of the color is correct

TITAN308
July 9, 2012, 12:36 PM
Well since this thing obviously isn't meant to be any kind of hunting or military/tactical firearm, you may as well forgo all the hunting or "tactical" colors. They are kind of silly on a rifle like this.

Why not metallic cobalt blue? Ferrari red? Silver? Chevy used to make cars in this great color called "Cayenne Red Metallic".

Excluding jobs that use them, are you telling me all the tactical colored rifles in America are used for something other than target shooting or training classes?

Color is nothing more than a preference and we plan to offer a wide array of choices from some of the more common, to some of the more extreme, like "Fire Engine Red" as an example. :p

Urban Grey is getting a majority of the votes everywhere I posted this poll. I rarely see a grey colored rifle, I wonder where the popularity is coming from? Interesting.

rickyrick
July 9, 2012, 02:01 PM
Like I said, I think the green and tan have been over used. The grey has a cool look and it can still be subdued. I think next would be a darker brown.

toppermost
July 9, 2012, 10:23 PM
I tend to approach things from a utilitarian viewpoint. I think foliage green is the most versatile. I think it would blend into more landscapes than the others.

TITAN308
July 9, 2012, 10:33 PM
I'm surprised no one has pointed out the small little easter egg in the screen caps...

:D

Samson23
July 10, 2012, 12:21 AM
I don't know what your construction materials are, but brushed aluminum is always hot. Forget the paint.

TITAN308
July 10, 2012, 09:47 AM
The shroud and its components are all made from steel, while the receivers are your standard aluminum alloy.

We use DuraCoat in-house to great effect. (And to save some people some time, yes we are aware of CereKote and GunKote, and we still prefer DuraCoat when allowed to cure properly). :cool:

So basically any DuraCoat color they offer can be done, including patterns, though we admit to never having done any patterns, just solid colors. :p

Youngshooter
July 10, 2012, 10:17 AM
In terms of practicality and my hunting/shooting surroundings and foliage colors I'm a plain ole sucker for the OD green scheme.

efield
July 10, 2012, 02:07 PM
All closets need something in basic black.

Skadoosh
July 10, 2012, 02:22 PM
Satin nickel finish.

barnbwt
July 10, 2012, 06:49 PM
Gloss Black or Brilliant Chrome (or both) with matte black on surfaces that would glare the shooter

This gun just begs to have something shiny or artistic on that giant billboard of a shroud!

TCB

TITAN308
July 10, 2012, 06:50 PM
We put a "Powered by Hornady" sticker on the side of one unit.

Does that count? lol!!!

Fishbed77
July 10, 2012, 10:33 PM
Excluding jobs that use them, are you telling me all the tactical colored rifles in America are used for something other than target shooting or training classes?

Nope, I'm telling you that an "outside the lines" type of firearm such as this would best be matched up with an "outside the lines" color choice. A big part of this gun is flashiness. Why shouldn't the color match?

You came to this site looking for opinions. Now you've got mine. :)

TITAN308
July 10, 2012, 10:56 PM
I personally do not want to own one in a hot rod color, however - we will have a lot of colors of that nature as available choices for clients. :p

The urban color is starting to grow on me, started shopping around to see what shades are available. Its absolutely dog stomping the poll if we add up the percentages across all places we posted.

Why deny the inevitable? haha