PDA

View Full Version : Saiga optics

Yung.gunr
July 3, 2012, 03:18 PM
I have heard many good things about the Lucid HD7 and that is what I was planning on putting on my Saiga. But now it looks like they can't be found. Anyone know what is going on?

If they are backordered for a long time, any suggestions on what to use in it's place? I was looking to spend no more then $200.

Jimro
July 4, 2012, 02:52 PM
Get a picatinny rail side mount adapter and put on whatever you want. They can be had for under 30 bucks which leaves 170 left over for optic and rings.

Jimro

wnycollector
July 6, 2012, 11:20 AM
I have a Lucid HD7 on one of my AR's. It a great optic for an AR, but I think you would hate it on a Saiga because of its height. The HD7 has a built in mount that puts it up so high you would only get a chin weld at best using it. I have a converted Saiga in 7.62x39 and use an MI railed side mount (http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=433) that sits ~.25" above the dust cover. I have a Bushnell TRS-25 mounted on the MI rail and it's nice and low for a great cheek weld.

Yung.gunr
July 6, 2012, 04:20 PM
Thanks Collector. I hadn't thought about the height aspect. Thinking I should look at some shorter ones too.

Any suggestions?

wnycollector
July 6, 2012, 07:56 PM
If you want to go inexpensive the UTG 5th gen side mount is a steal for ~$30. The MI rail I linked to is $110 but it sits lower and does not lose zero when removed.

For a red dot's I like the Primary Arms Micro dot and the TRS-25. Both are reliable and inexpensive.