PDA

View Full Version : Teaser Vid, what do you guys think?

TITAN308
June 29, 2012, 09:18 PM
Remixed some old footage to get some understanding on how Adobe AE works. Nothing Hollywood rated, but just getting some of the basics covered.

Makes for a decent updated teaser video since we have a lot of updated features/info coming out soon. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iP6SFza1Jw&feature=youtu.be

TITAN308
July 2, 2012, 12:00 PM
Sorry, fixed the link - minor hiccup. :eek:

Kimbertron
July 2, 2012, 12:44 PM
Do you sell versions of your products that don't promote chest hair growth for your female customers :D. In your video it says on demand cooling system. Is that housed in the huge fore end? Doesn't look fun to haul around but I'm curious as to whats going on under there lol.

TITAN308
July 2, 2012, 01:00 PM
A warning is a warning. All you ladies be careful, you might make your man jealous of your newly found beard!

As far as the cooling system - you will just have to wait and see. ;)

arizona98tj
July 2, 2012, 10:55 PM
Honestly, I found it to be all too typical of what many people believe is something that passes as good video....that would be music I find less than appealing, jerky/snappy video that doesn't actually allow one to see what you are attempting to advertise, text that appears and disappears too quickly to absorb, etc.

That is my honest opinion. There is probably a generation gap that most likely exists....I see the same thing in off-road video, etc. For what it is worth...my kids are grown and have long ago moved away. I have the disposable income for new toys. The question....are people like myself your target audience? Only you know that answer. If not, then no loss at all.

Good luck on your project. :)

TITAN308
July 2, 2012, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the kind words. However I think you over analyze the subliminal message that simply does not exist.

We have no marketing experience.

We have no engineering experience.

We have no manufacturing experience.

What we do have are good imaginations, a desire to see new products instead of re-hashed over copied plastic or aluminum parts, and most import want to do what we like and possibly pick up a few pennies along the way.

If you are looking for the next generation battlefield capable weapon, we don't make those.

If you are looking for admiration of your peers by having the best current military spec parts, once again - we don't make those.

Fun. New. Innovative. And not the type of innovation companies now a days claim, but are basically recycling the same ideas. If you like these things you will like our products.

If not, we will be a huge disappointment to you.

Our target audience? Anyone that wants to pay to play and more importantly are bored with this industries lack of so called innovation and fresh car smell.

Age, creed, etc etc - can't say we ever held any focus groups on that sort of thing. ;)

shrewd
July 3, 2012, 08:09 AM
Go easy on the effects, you use them so heavily it's too much. Less is more, my friend. Think subtlety.

It just looks like you're trying to be too call of duty. Unless that's the demographic you're going for.

still, go easy on the effects, refine them, and ditch the COD stuff, it makes you seem less professional

TITAN308
July 3, 2012, 08:40 AM
Can you clarify less professional?

Using your COD idea, that company made millions off that game I am sure (I don't own any game stations) - so I'm not sure I understand this point of view.

Its less professional, but its a genre that has proven to make millions?

And for the record, none of us are professional editors, just average Joes with a PC and some software.

dayman
July 3, 2012, 08:57 AM
I'd - and I also have basically 0 editing experience - go with slightly fewer and slightly longer shots.
I like the idea of teaser videos not showing every detail of the product, but you could manage that by showing more close ups or awkward angles as apposed to the super fast transitions (think SW Shield teasers).
Also, maybe make the transitions between shots a little longer.

What I'd do is - as apposed to showing all the features at the beginning and then showing a bunch of shots of the gun - break up the various action shots with a fade to black and one of the features.
So like "long range precision" and then show a close up of the scope, "Suppressive fire" and then show the clip of shooting fast etc.

Just my $0.02 - and probably not worth that.

Looks like a cool gun though, and the current video does make me want to see more.

TITAN308
July 3, 2012, 10:15 AM
Good ideas.

Its not how we would have preferred, but we had to use what limited footage we had bothered to record at this point and do something with it so you are not just watching some audio-less track of some guys sitting from a bench and shooting.

Not very exciting. So the best thing we could come up with was a bad reception/static theme to stretch out what media we had on hand. The next video to signify commercial release will be much much better.

We have a new GoPro HD Hero2 and 60 acres of land to play on! ;)

Fishbed77
July 3, 2012, 03:31 PM
Can you clarify less professional?

Using your COD idea, that company made millions off that game I am sure (I don't own any game stations) - so I'm not sure I understand this point of view.

Its less professional, but its a genre that has proven to make millions?

Reality shows have made millions too. That doesn't necessarily make their stars "professionals."

Well, many of them may be professionals. But a different kind of "profession." :D

TITAN308
July 3, 2012, 03:51 PM
I could understand what you were saying if we were out there to be in the movie industry.

As any business will tell you, if you can find a way to turn a profit on turds sprinkled with gold flakes - then what does the business care if they are literally selling "crap"? lol :p

On a related note I still have the urge to laugh remembering that someone, somewhere on the internet, call our chassis "The Big Black t-u-r-d".

What can I say, dirty jokes still make me feel young at heart. ;)

Edit: I mean, whats funnier than a forum that censors t-u-r-d, but not turds :eek:

I love this place. :)

arizona98tj
July 3, 2012, 08:54 PM
I'm for everything you stated in your response to me.

Had it not been for a couple of your prior threads, I would still be clueless as to what the video was conveying. As was mentioned, less special effects, a little longer dwell time for the media message to soak in, etc.

I have a rather large specialty web site....lots of Jeep TJ off-roading videos on it (among hundreds of DIY projects, reviews, product installations, etc.). I don't play loud music during the video...you can actually hear the engine in the vehicle....you can hear the spotter giving directions.....you can hear the rocks rolling under the tires....you can hear the candid remarks made by my friends, etc. I've received many, many e-mails regarding my "old fashioned" videos from lots of TJ owners. The vast majority stated they learned a lot just watching from the comments in the videos between the spotter and driver, etc. In the same e-mails, many stated the loud rap-crap videos on utube were anything but helpful.

I think you have a very interesting product.....just let your video bring that message. I am confident you can do it with the editing tools you have. :)