PDA

View Full Version : Smith M&P vs Windham

Chrisbradley2001
June 27, 2012, 10:42 PM
Looking for a good first AR.

The two I'm strongly considering are the M&P15 ORC and the Windham SRC.

Any thought as to which is the better buy. I mostly want this AR to be a plinker but occasionally air out to 200 yds.

dos0711
June 28, 2012, 04:06 AM
I can't speak on the SW but my windham is a good running gun. Takes what I feed it. It also has a transferable lifetime warranty.

Marquezj16
June 28, 2012, 06:05 AM
Don't know much about the Windham but I've read good reports from owners. I own the M&P 15 OR. Bought it a couple years ago. Zero problems, very accurate. Fully recommend.

rivertamer
June 28, 2012, 02:28 PM
Tough choice.... My Windham src runs great and fit and finish is top notch.....I am definitely a fan of Windham weaponry.... Couldn't be happier with this gun.

Sent from my tricked out Synergy Evo!

gun nut
June 30, 2012, 01:21 PM
I've heard good things about windham but have not shot one. I do have a s&w great so far.

arizona98tj
June 30, 2012, 04:17 PM
No experience with the Windham.....have ran a M&P 15OR (http://www.stu-offroad.com/firearms/mp15/mp15-1.htm) now for a couple of years. It's never let me down. Eats brass and steel case ammo equally well.

misnomerga
July 10, 2012, 06:39 AM
Stopped by my local store yesterday and looked at the S&W M&P15 "Sport"

They were asking $700 for it. Saw it on Bud's and GunsAmerica for $650. Read some good reviews about it, e.g. reliability, accuracy. Everyone pointed out the things they cut back on to hold the price down, e.g. dust cover, etc. So now I am trying to decide a couple of things; first go or no go on the buy (the present administration makes me nervous - especially if there is a 2nd term), second - do the internet purchase or counter offer the local shop. I'd like to keep him in business but I don't want to overpay for the piece.

batmann
July 10, 2012, 04:50 PM
First---I really like my S&W M&P MOE. It has been 100% and I have no reservations about recommending one.
Second, internet prices can be less than a local dealer, but factor in shipping and transfer fees before ruling out your local gun shop. Yes, you do have to ship it to a dealer and he can charge you about as much as he wants so if you decide to go that way it pays to shop around to get the best price for the transfer fee.