PDA

View Full Version : Suggested equipment? Finally made a decision and went with a Colt LE6920.

checkmyswag
June 22, 2012, 05:49 PM
Please weigh in or point me to good resources. Also thanks to all who helped me figure this out.

Short term needs:

Mags
Oil
Spare parts
Ammo (1/7 barrel)
Sling

Familiar with the platform from the military but I'm no expert.Yes...I'm going to shoot and train. Have an amazing range and local idpa/carbine matches. Got the model with the carry handle due to familiarity with this setup but may equip it later with the following...

Long term wants:

Close up quick optic
Magnified optic 4x or so
Forend/vert grip
Backup rear sight

Auto426
June 22, 2012, 06:46 PM
Get some Pmags, some CLP, and some bulk packs of federal .223 and start shooting. Colt branded spare parts are pretty hard to find right now as they are using everything up producing rifles, but spare parts are something you should need right away. The 6920 should come with a sling, but you can always pick up something more to your liking later.

I'm no optics expert, but I know Aimpoint red dots are pretty much the gold standard for close in shooting, and you can get magnifiers in the 4x range to work with them. There are a number of front grips you can buy, you just need to find one that feels comfortable in your hands. Theres also a ton of different back ups sights available as well, which is something you may want to decide on based on how much room is left after optics are installed.

checkmyswag
June 22, 2012, 07:11 PM
Cool. CLP is what I used before. Didn't know if there was something more preceded out there.

PMags with the boolit window or without?

HKFan9
June 22, 2012, 08:18 PM
I buy mine without, but its personal preference really.

Auto426
June 22, 2012, 09:19 PM
The ones I have now don't have them, but if I was to buy some more I would probably get the ones with the window. It's nice to look at the mag and get a visual indicator of how many rounds they have left in them.

However, the main type of mags I'm interested in buying right now are some more 20 rounders. They may not have the capacity, but I like their straight walled design and they don't stick out as far as 30 rounders.

checkmyswag
June 22, 2012, 09:27 PM
20 rounders are nice for the bench or low low prone.

I see pmag makes 20 rounders too.