PDA

View Full Version : Magpul handguard question

rivertamer
June 19, 2012, 09:28 PM
Hey y'all....I am new to the whole AR thing.....I am buying a Windham weaponry src...... It is without sights and had the railed gas block up front.... Is there any difficulty in adding a carbine length Moe handguard up front?... Looks simple enough when adding with a front sight..... But is it different without front sight. Sorry for the newbie question.... Thanks

Sent from my tricked out Synergy Evo!

Marquezj16
June 20, 2012, 05:55 AM
Should go on there the same as long as your other hanguard is not free floated.

madcratebuilder
June 20, 2012, 06:04 AM
All you need to do is slide the Delta ring back, remove the oem guards and install the MOE's. Your FGB needs a metal sight, the plastic ones well melt.

plouffedaddy
June 20, 2012, 07:04 AM
Yup, very simple drop in mod. Just make sure you don't put a plastic sight on that
gas block; I've seen quite a few guys make that mistake. :eek:

rivertamer
June 20, 2012, 08:17 AM
Thanks y'all.... Adding a troy sight tomorrow.... Can't wait to shoot this thing.

Sent from my tricked out Synergy Evo!

Technosavant
June 20, 2012, 12:42 PM
I will say that sometimes the MOE handguards can be a really tight fit. Of the three rifles I've installed them on, two took a bit of work to get them fully seated... I didn't have to shave anything, but they didn't want to go easily. One was a piece of cake (and that one was a carbine length)... it is probably dependent on the exact rifle.

But yeah, they install just like any other two piece non-FF handguard.