PDA

View Full Version : bought a winchester defender

siloshooter
June 19, 2012, 06:04 PM
been looking at used hose " riot " type shotguns for a few weeks.

found a defender for $250 , got it for $220 . dont know how good of deal that is but it looks at least an 8.5 on a scale of 10. has green fiber optic front sight and a smooth action . not sure about the age either but it has not been hurt much.

maybe a tad lighter in weight than a remington 870 but around where i live the remington offering in same type gun often sells for $100 more and upward .
admittedly the remington is a great gun but i am happy with my purchase ... now got to get to the range in a few days

Al Den
June 19, 2012, 06:44 PM
What could be wrong with that purchase? Good for you! But ya gotta show us. Pics?

Pahoo
June 19, 2012, 06:50 PM
I had one two years ago, that I no longer needed and sold. You will find that this action is tried and proven. Should provide many years of good performance. ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Slugo
June 19, 2012, 07:56 PM
very good gun. I have a friend who shoots one in IDPA matches...

Rampant_Colt
June 19, 2012, 09:32 PM
$220 for a Defender is a great price for a great shotgun!

siloshooter
June 20, 2012, 05:12 PM
it is in the safe now and need to fire it asap .

dont really know how old or new it is but he serial is L3325xxx and it has this bright green , i would say fiber optic type , front sight that looks to be factory installed for sure.

can anyone , from that info , tell me apprx. age of gun ?

i looked a little bit on some sites that were selling defenders but didnt see any that had the type front sight that this one has .

Rampant_Colt
June 20, 2012, 07:09 PM
Defenders with the Truglo sights are newer. The older ones have just a plain bead