PDA

View Full Version : Build Times from Spikes Tactical

UtopiaTexasG19
June 14, 2012, 09:18 PM
I noted on the Spikes Tactical site today that they no longer give out build times on any AR builds due to their backlog and dissapointment from those who have ordered and did not receive their orders on time. I understand their thinking but wonder if I want to order not knowing if they are talking weeks, months or even a year. Has anyone on the board received a AR upper build from Spikes recently and how long was the back order? Thanks...

FlyerXD
June 15, 2012, 02:58 PM
I was. Considering getting a Spikes but the idea of paying in full upfront with no delivery date didnt sit too well with me. I spoke to Spikes and they told me to check the Suncoast Gun Shows but the prices would be a little more. I decided Im gonna go with a Colt LE6920 MP-B the other rifles were too close to the Colts price.

DeadCenter
June 16, 2012, 09:34 AM
It seems like the backlog from the quality AR manufactures is fairly common these days. I ordered an upper from White Oak Armament last year and it took over 4 months, but I wasn't charged until it was shipped. That was a long wait for a new toy lol, but worthwhile!

Fishbed77
June 17, 2012, 10:15 PM
Just hunt third party internet vendors for folks that have Spikes rifles or uppers in stock. I was able to get my Spikes M4LE upper in less than a week that way.

RyeDaddy
June 18, 2012, 04:08 PM
Spike's gave my brother and I both a ballpark lead time when we ordered this year. When I ordered back in January they told me 5-6 weeks for my lower and I got it in 3. He ordered in April, and at that time they told him they were much more backlogged and said expect 12-16 weeks. He's been waiting about 10 weeks now. They at least seem to be honest about wait times on the phone, but the waiting does suck. You could get an NFA tax stamp in almost the same amount of time. Good products at good prices tend to be in short supply.

I would do as others have said and scour the internet for a dealer with what you're looking for in stock, best of luck!

excelerater
June 19, 2012, 06:44 AM
I waited 3 months for mine..:rolleyes: