Rangemaster will be conducting two separate handgun courses in Indiana this year. Both will be taught by Tom and Lynn Givens, assisted by other Rangemaster certified instructors.
Sept 11-13, Three-Day Firearms Instructor Development Course, Friday through Sunday, Nappanee, Indiana
This is an intensive three-day course that runs from 9am to 6pm each day (24 hours total). The course teaches candidates:
• Modern adult learning theory
• Preparation, delivery, and documentation of training
• Development of training aids, including power points and others
• Coaching methodologies, diagnosing and correcting shooters' errors
• Modern, effective gun-handling techniques, designed to work under stress
• Proper handling/operation of a variety of handgun types
Learn to teach effective, efficient combat marksmanship technique. The course time is divided about equally between classroom sessions and range firing, and each student will fire approximately 1,000 rounds of ammunition. Students will act as coaches for other students, and each will be coached extensively in turn. Students also receive a 200 page training manual, which is a valuable information and reference resource. To graduate from this course, students must pass a shooting qualification and pass a written examination. Students will need:
• A serviceable sidearm, at least .38 Special or 9X19mm caliber
• A serviceable uniform duty or concealed carry holster, worn on the belt, of leather or kydex construction, with a covered trigger guard
• At least three magazines or speedloaders
• 1,000 rounds of full power ammunition for the sidearm
• Everything else is supplied by Rangemaster.
Tuition is $525.00, which includes 24 hours of training and a 200 page training manual. Advance registration is required. For more info, please email Tom Givens at [email protected]
. See https://www.eventbrite.com/e/firearms-instructor-development-course-nappanee-in-tickets-13501993827 to register.
Sept 26-27, 2015 Combative Pistol I, Indianapolis, IN
This is an intensive weekend course that covers all of the essential skills involved in fighting with a handgun. There is an all day session Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am to 6:00pm each day. Topics covered in this course will include:
• Rapid presentation from concealed carry
• Effective gun handling techniques, designed to work under stress
• Rapid reloading techniques
• High speed accuracy at close ranges
• Precision shooting at mid-ranges
• Shooting effectively with one hand, with either hand
• Fixing malfunctions rapidly and reliably
• Proper defensive mindset, personal tactics, and more.
Expect to fire about 800-1000 rounds of ammunition. This course is designed expressly for the armed citizen who carries a concealed handgun, or the plain clothes or off duty police officer.
You will need a good handgun, holster, belt, and magazine pouch, at least three magazines, a ball cap and concealment garment (vest, jacket, windbreaker, etc), eye and ear protection, and rain gear (we train rain or shine). A cooler with soft drinks and snacks is a very good idea.
You will need a quality handgun and gear. It is a good idea to bring a second gun just like your primary, in case something breaks on your primary gun. Please bring good quality ammunition. You will shoot better, your gun will function better, and you will learn faster. Leather or kydex holsters are fine—PLEASE NO flimsy nylon or cloth holsters. For more info, please email [email protected]
See https://www.eventbrite.com/e/combative-pistol-1-indianapolis-in-tickets-13502376973 to register.