PDA

View Full Version : A comment about the "search" feature.

jstgsn
April 24, 2012, 08:47 PM
I've had some problems with my Remington 11-87 not cycling. Instead of posting my questions I used the search feature to see if the question had been posted before. Duh. Not only had the question been posted, but answered in detail several times. I mention this for newbies. The seach engine works wonders.
Thanks

Flopsweat
April 26, 2012, 09:48 AM
I use a search engine like Bing or Google instead of the site feature. It's easier and I get better results. Most search engines will let you specify a site to search.

Example:
Remington 11-87 not cycling site:thefiringline.com

azranger45
April 26, 2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the post, I never thought to use the search engine that way(duh). Dope slap to the back of the head applied. Thanks again.:p

BlueTrain
April 26, 2012, 12:24 PM
Yeah, the search engine pretty much eliminates any reason for the forum, doesn't it?

JohnKSa
April 26, 2012, 09:53 PM
Not really; just when you think you've seen it all, someone will come up with something new... :D

But it is true that the search function can answer a lot of questions. Actually, if you get right down to it, if everyone were to read all their owner's manuals really carefully, online forums would be a lot less busy.