PDA

View Full Version : Borchardt C-93 - what is a fair price?

Skans
March 6, 2012, 11:52 AM
I don't have one. But, I would like to acquire one. The problem is, I due to so few sales, it's hard for me to determine a "fair" price on one in decent condition.

Any guesses about what they are or should sell for? Price range?

Mike Irwin
March 6, 2012, 11:56 AM
I would say for one in serviceable condition you're looking at at least $7,500 or more.

James K
March 6, 2012, 02:16 PM
A Ludwig Loewe, cased with all accessories, in like new condition, would probably cost around $50k or more. A DWM, in poor shape but functional, and just the gun, could probably be had for $6-8k.

If you are lucky enough to find one, don't fire it or if you must, use light loads. I have seen one that had a broken toggle due to firing Russian 7.62x25 ammo in it.

Also, dis- and re-assembly is tricky, not many instructions are out there and some are wrong. It is easy to damage the gun if one does not know what one is doing.

Jim

Skans
March 6, 2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks guys, that is good information and what I needed to know.

Winchester_73
March 14, 2012, 01:29 PM
I came across one of these recently on the Jan Still forum. Its interesting where this CASED borchardt currently resides:

http://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?30130-In-the-NYPD-Museum

What a shame it is. I wonder what it would bring at auction....

Mike Irwin
March 14, 2012, 08:19 PM
Can't see the pix if not logged in...

guy sajer
March 14, 2012, 09:16 PM
We sold a pretty nice one with stock last month for $12.5k to another dealer only 3 days after we aquired it . He'll make a few bucks on it as well .

Winchester_73
March 15, 2012, 07:03 AM
Can't see the pix if not logged in...

Thanks, I wasn't thinking about that. You mean to say you're not a member of that site? Thats craziness Mike, even for you. ;)

Here it is, the collector's find of a lifetime...