PDA

View Full Version : Uberti/Cimarron Colt .44 1860 Revolver

straight-shooter
February 11, 2012, 03:59 PM
Snagged a Uberti/Cimarron Colt .44 1860 Revolver on Gunbroker. I put in a bid at a low price which was just enough to trip the reserve and i'll be darned if it didn't stick and i WON! This pistol normally sells for $340 and i snagged it for $226 and not to mention it's new and unfired. Love the smell of black powder in the morning!

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/272529000/272529043/pix757536070.jpg

Beagle333
February 11, 2012, 04:25 PM
Nice! I'm still hoping to snag a sidelock for kicking around in the yard. The 1860 is my favorite though.

Congrats!

Hawg Haggen
February 11, 2012, 04:59 PM
Congrats ya lucky duck.....ummmm Beagle:D

straight-shooter
February 12, 2012, 07:31 AM
Is there a support group out there to help with this addiction of BP revolvers ? So far you guys have only supported in buying more! :p

Admittedly i like ya guys for that!

Hawg Haggen
February 12, 2012, 07:34 AM
Is there a support group out there to help with this addiction of BP revolvers ? So far you guys have only supported in buying more!

We're supporting the addiction.:D

straight-shooter
February 12, 2012, 07:44 AM
We're supporting the addiction.

I'm thinking if it gets any worse i might have to start putting BP on my corn flakes in the morning just to get the day started. :cool:

Doc Hoy
February 12, 2012, 08:25 AM
....specifically the 1860 and the fact that 150 years later we still look at this revolver as a thing of beauty is a tribute to the vision of Colt's operation.

I do about 90% of my job at the computer, and I must admit that there are times when I just drag out one of my revolvers and just set it on the table next to the keyboard. It seems I just have a desire to be close to one of them for a time.

If I looked at a million pictures of 1860 revolvers, when I looked at the million and first picture I would still say, "Dang, That is a purdy pistol"

The Cimarron was a nice find, SS.

straight-shooter
February 17, 2012, 06:39 PM
It finally made it's way to the door!

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd56/straightshooter44/d788457a.jpg

Beagle333
February 17, 2012, 06:50 PM
ooooooohhhh, it's so . . . shiny!!!!

sandman_nv
February 17, 2012, 08:12 PM
verrrrrry nice!

great catch on that one!

( now i want one too! )

jhamrick
February 18, 2012, 11:12 PM
nice looking gun you got there. im jeff and new to the forum. i met beagle333 yesterday. he told me about your gun and couldn't help but admire it. i just recieved mine yesterday and am not so sure about it. what makes a cimarron a cimarron?

radom
February 19, 2012, 06:00 AM
That was a nice deal there. Now you will have to buy another pack of bugler papers and load ammo for the thing and tell us how it shoots.

straight-shooter
February 19, 2012, 07:56 PM
nice looking gun you got there. im jeff and new to the forum. i met beagle333 yesterday. he told me about your gun and couldn't help but admire it. i just recieved mine yesterday and am not so sure about it. what makes a cimarron a cimarron?

I have a couple uberti's and a couple of the Cimarron Uberti's. This is the only comparison i can make but from what i can tell, the Cimarron's have a smoother trigger, nicer wood grain design in the grips and the heat treated frames have a more appealing "look" to the metal.

Overall I feel you can't go wrong with a plain Uberti as their just as reliable and I enjoy the one's i have. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Taylor's Uberti either. Love em' all !

Welcome to the forum Jhamrick.

straight-shooter
February 19, 2012, 08:01 PM
That was a nice deal there. Now you will have to buy another pack of bugler papers and load ammo for the thing and tell us how it shoots.

I hope to have it out tomorrow as it looks like the weather is going to be nice. I just made some felt wads today and casted some round ball for it.