PDA

View Full Version : AR15 / M16 Stripper Clips??

Jeff Thomas
November 24, 2000, 04:43 PM
Just noticed this ad at http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?item=717283 :

'This auction is for 50 AR15/M16 10 round stripper clips and one stripper clip guide, these are once used and are in great shape ...'

I've never heard of stripper clips for an AR. Why, and how would you use such a thing?

Thanks. Regards from AZ

chink
November 24, 2000, 05:02 PM
Stripper clips are strips of metal the hold the round by the end of the casings. the hold 10 rds. each. using the guide, you can quickly and easily push 10 rds. into your ar-15/m-16 mag.

I love them. they make reloading a mag quick and easy.

hope that helped.

Dr45ACP
November 24, 2000, 05:14 PM
I have seen stripper clips for AR 15.

If the ammo is loaded on them, they do load quite fast into the mag.

However, if you are loading ammo out of the box, you may just as well put 'em directly into a mag, assuming you have one that is empty.

Nukem
November 24, 2000, 06:08 PM
I use them, as I inspect the AR ammo out of the Dillon bins it goes right on strippers. Then I use the Cammenga (stripper model) to load mags at the range. Fastest thing I've ever seen, no cuts either :)

Steve Smith
November 24, 2000, 06:20 PM
Jeff, the purpose of stripper clips is so you don't have to carry a lot of magazines. Stripper clips weigh less than mags, so you only carry a few mags, and plenty of clips...then reload the mags with the clips.

DaveH
November 24, 2000, 07:36 PM
To see how they are used check:
http://www.aaconsult.com/ammoreview/html/stripper_clips.html

Jeff Thomas
November 24, 2000, 07:59 PM
I appreciate the help. I'd run across stripper clips for SKS rifles and M-1 Garands, but I hadn't seen them used for loading magazines. That link above really demonstrates the process well.

This why I love TFL ... if I had researched this in my books, I might have found an answer in a couple of hours. Might. But, I know there are good folks like you on TFL that have this at your fingertips. There is nothing like personal knowledge, and you guys are like having buddies at the range - thank you.

Regards from AZ