PDA

View Full Version : Deer Tick Warning

Art Eatman
January 20, 2012, 07:13 PM
I hate it when people forward bogus warnings, but this one is real and it's important. So please send this warning to everyone on your e-mail list: If somebody comes to your front door saying they are conducting a survey on deer ticks and asks you to take your clothes off and dance around with your arms up, DO NOT DO IT! IT IS A SCAM! They only want to see you naked.

I wish I'd gotten this yesterday. I feel so stupid now.

bswiv
January 20, 2012, 07:37 PM
Are you SURE it was a scam?????

I mean.....seriously, look in the mirror......would someone really want to see that naked?

musher
January 20, 2012, 07:40 PM
Not a scam. There's been a rash of deer ticks infected with horrible diseases imported from China.

They're hitching rides in shipments of defective ammo.

The dancing part is to see if you're suffering neurological damage from tick infestation. Quickest way to check, really.

Hunter Customs
January 20, 2012, 07:53 PM
I'm sure glad I was not drinking my morning coffee when I read these post, I sure would have spewed it all over my computer.:D:D:D

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

Rembrandt
January 20, 2012, 08:02 PM
I figured it might be a hoax.....too dang cold up here for ticks. Can't trust anyone, some little girls in uniforms came by the other day trying to sell me thin mints and cookies...I saw right thru their sneaky scam.

globemaster3
January 20, 2012, 08:47 PM
So how many boxes of their tick repellant did you buy?

mapsjanhere
January 20, 2012, 08:52 PM
Ok, The image of Art dancing naked will require some serious eye bleach. Rye here I come.

warbirdlover
January 20, 2012, 09:47 PM
God I love this forum!! :D:D:D

TXAZ
January 20, 2012, 09:50 PM
Maybe people in Terlingua celebrate April Fools day early? :)

jimbob86
January 20, 2012, 09:52 PM
Maybe people in Terlingua celebrate April Fools day early?

That was my guess......

egor20
January 20, 2012, 09:57 PM
Maybe people in Terlingua celebrate April Fools day early?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkNiyqkgt7Q

Yup Dancing ticks

Hog Buster
January 20, 2012, 10:57 PM
The mentally conjured vision of that dance made me choke on my last sip of Old Pallbearer.

shortwave
January 21, 2012, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the heads-up Art...

...but, hey, if that 'someone' at the door looks like Jennifer Lopez...I'm droppin my linen and I'll be :D.

tahunua001
January 21, 2012, 09:10 AM
dangit ART, that guy was so friendly too.

TXAZ
January 21, 2012, 09:27 AM
Art, I guess your local representative is only providing partial service. The Austin American-Statesman just reported the "Deer Tick guys" are offering Hernia checks and Prostate Exams as part of their full service to ensure tick larva were not hiding in 'strategic places'.

warbirdlover
January 21, 2012, 09:35 AM
dangit ART, that guy was so friendly too.

You had a GUY come to your door? :D

tahunua001
January 21, 2012, 02:09 PM
well yeah, I asked if they had any women that could administer the test but something about privacy and sexual harrassment suits so men had to test men and women had to test women...

Art Eatman
January 21, 2012, 07:50 PM
Party's gettin' rough. Think I'll put on my clothes and go home. :)

"Closed at OP's request." :D:D:D