PDA

View Full Version : Which Is The Best AMERICAN Made Semi-Auto 9mm Pistol?

BearArms2
December 30, 2011, 10:31 AM
Feel free to be bias if youd like, though some 'reason' would be nice to read. And clearly 'best' is very subjective....maybe it should be said that it is designed very well, or very accurate, or most reliable in a home defense situation....those may be better criteria to define 'best' American 9mm.

It doesnt need to be originally designed in the US....just as long as a gun is currently made in the states.

To keep things limited -- please limit your pistols to ones that can be found for under $1,000.

Looking forward to what gets posted below!!

TunnelRat
December 30, 2011, 10:38 AM
SIG P226, P228, SP2022, etc. Made in my home state these days and despite some issues lately I still think they are quality firearms. I shoot them better than anything else.

Now if price is an object, I'd say the Smith and Wesson M&P. While I don't have mine anymore, it is a nice gun that for me was utterly reliable. My biggest issue with it was the trigger. However, a lifetime warranty through Smith and Wesson is worth its weight in gold, imo.

You might want to specify if the gun needs to be currently in production or not.

BearArms2
December 30, 2011, 10:53 AM
a great point TunnelRat ... I did edit the original post...limiting this to guns that can be found for under $1,000 -- so while the M&P is surely fitting that, the Sig P226 and other Sigs will surely fit in that range too!!

Thanks for the reply!

Dubler1
December 30, 2011, 10:59 AM
M&P is hard to beat these days. Basically its a glock without the glock dificiencies. Get the pro, much better stock trigger. It points well, and cosistant trigger pull each time unlike a DA/SA Sig.

Chilli9880
December 30, 2011, 11:03 AM
+1 on M&P. Smith and Wesson really has it together right now. Putting out some fine pistols that are even making the Glock lovers go buy one and take a look. Also, I know you said American but Beretta puts out a fine 9mm. Most of the gun is "made" in Italy and I know there's a Beretta factory in Maryland where guns get fixed and assembled. So it's 33% American. Haha! Good Luck

BearArms2
December 30, 2011, 11:15 AM
So, everyone up to this point ranks the M&P over the CZ 75B SP-01, FNH FNX-9 and the Springfield XDm? and all but one like it over the Sig P226?

thanks for sharing!!

Rugerismisticness
December 30, 2011, 11:33 AM
S&W has some nice PC 9mm 1911s and others.

sigarms228
December 30, 2011, 11:59 AM
If you want a DA/SA pistol then either the SIG P226, P229, or SP2022 and those are my choices over all the rest American or otherwise.

If you want a striker fired pistol then whatever your favorite striker fired pistol is. My preference by far is the Walther PPQ. If I had to choose an American made one it probably would be M&P Pro.

Billy Shears
December 30, 2011, 12:19 PM
Definitely the M&P.

Great quality, reliabilty and durability for a very reasonable price.

markdoddridge
December 30, 2011, 12:21 PM
My favorites are Sigs and Berettas, with my preference leaning toward the Beretta.

BigJimP
December 30, 2011, 12:42 PM
For around $1,000 --- Sig 226 hands down....in my opinion...

Over $ 1,000 ----a 1911 chambered in 9mm ( like Wilson Combat - made in Arkansas...but it'll put you in the $3,000 price range these days) ...but Wilson Combat has a 1" guarantee at 25 yds making it very hard to beat !!

but a lot of opinions are based on what fits your hands the best...some guns may be technically accurate ( but not in my hands, they're too small ), etc...where the Sig 226 fits me very well ...it may be too big or too heavy for a lot of shooters.

Sgt.Fathead
December 30, 2011, 01:51 PM
As much as I like the M&P series of semi-auto pistols, I carry a Ruger SR9C every day. That's another, well under $1K and with the best trigger of any polymer 9mm pistol, IMO. With the savings you could buy mags, holsters, ammo, lunch....

Te Anau
December 30, 2011, 02:46 PM
This one....easily!

http://ruger.com/products/p95/models.html

Preferably the KP series.

Silent Bob
December 30, 2011, 03:25 PM
I would have to say for an American-made 9mm semi-auto... either a U.S.-made Beretta 92FS or Ruger P95. I don't dig the M&P at all when it comes to the feel of its grip, its trigger or even its godawful looks, which is probably the least-important consideration and why I rank it last, but still a factor.

I have to add I much prefer European 9mms particuarly the Hi-Power and HK USP.

American-made for .45s, European for 9mm, IMO.

plouffedaddy
December 30, 2011, 03:33 PM
M&P 9 Pro.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/tiffani33/Guns/IMAG0570.jpg

Or, if you're overseas, Glock 17. They don't sell them here but they make them here...

manta49
December 30, 2011, 03:52 PM
I am not sure about where they are made. But the best 9mm pistols like cars are designed in Europe. :)

LockedBreech
December 30, 2011, 04:01 PM
For me, a Maryland-produced Beretta 92A1.

Honorable mention, a Smith and Wesson M&P9.

I have decided that, when I am able to start afford collecting for real (post-student), the theme of my collection is going to be service pistols. I consider these two guns to be two of the finest modern service pistols.

Both are ergonomic, recoil comfortable, reliable, have a light rail, and have a 17+1 capacity and stacks of available accessories.

I'd include the Sig P226, but I'm not sure how much of those are still made in Germany.

lamarw
December 30, 2011, 04:23 PM
Beretta 92 - It should stay in the U.S. Military Arsenal for a least another 75 years.

SauerGrapes
December 30, 2011, 04:35 PM
If it doesn't have to be "current production", the S&W 2nd and 3rd generation 9s are very well made and quite accurate and reliable. Mine have some of the best DA\SA triggers I've ever felt.

Skans
December 30, 2011, 05:02 PM
Sti ls9
s&w 5906

TheGoldenState
December 30, 2011, 05:04 PM
SW M&P far and away.

Single Six
December 30, 2011, 05:06 PM
Another vote for the Ruger P95.;)

TunnelRat
December 30, 2011, 07:59 PM
The American made Beretta 92s are also fine guns.

It would be good if you could specify what purpose. Concealed carry, home defense, range use. Why? Because this can help us specify something based on weight and size as those might be issues for carrying.

Lastly you probably should try and figure out if you want a striker fired weapon, like the M&P, or a Single Action/Double Action hammer fired weapon like the SIG P226. That will also help narrow the field.

RC20
December 30, 2011, 08:06 PM
I think the best value is the Sig SP2022. Cost $350 to $450 (with some shopping or waiting for sales you can get it with night sights a t$400.

Its made in Exeter NH.

Me, I like the SA/DA setup though many do not. If you want consistent trigger pull you can always cock it and shoot it that way.

Actually the trigger pull is consistent in DA and SA and smooth, so what the post was saying a trigger pull that does not change from the first shot to the second!

Quality wise it matches up with the $700-900 guns (I have shot it side by side with an HK P30). the HK has some things I like and the Sigh has things I like. Neither is perfect but both are reliable which is the first and should be the foremost consideration. both have a high quality feel to them.

After that for me price rules. If someone gave me an HK I would never sell it, but I would not buy one when I can get the SP2022 for the price (or 2)

Microgunner
December 30, 2011, 08:20 PM
So, everyone up to this point ranks the M&P over the CZ 75B SP-01, FNH FNX-9 and the Springfield XDm? and all but one like it over the Sig P226?

I believe these pistols are made in The Czech Republic, Belgium and Croatia, not the USA as you specified.

Sorry, the FNH is American made.

Micahweeks
December 30, 2011, 08:37 PM
I go FNP/Browning Pro.

My Glocks came from Georgia. Does that count?

pvt.Long
December 30, 2011, 08:43 PM
I would say the FN Herstal or S&W M&P, both are made in the states. The FN Herstal is fully ambidextrous and the M&P can be converted over to ether hand. Both are built to what the military and police have in mind for a handgun.

oneounceload
December 30, 2011, 08:56 PM
CZ 75B SP-01, FNH FNX-9 and the Springfield XDm? and all but one like it over the Sig P226?

CZ is Czech, Springfield is Croatian - you said US made

Since you also said under 1000, you are omitting the better guns from Wilson and Baer

RC20
December 31, 2011, 12:58 PM
My Glocks came from Georgia. Does that count?

NO

dgludwig
December 31, 2011, 01:13 PM
Without a doubt, in my mind the finest 9mm pistol ever made is still being made right here in America: the Smith & Wesson "Performance Center" Model 952.

Oops! Sorry, I missed the $1,000.00 limit on choices. :o

Jim243
December 31, 2011, 01:19 PM
I would vote for the CZ P-01 and the Taurus PT-92 but both are make overseas and while I like the M&P 9, I am on a diet of no more striker fired pistols, so my vote would go to the FNH FNP-9 or Beretta PX4 Storm both made here is the US.

Jim

plouffedaddy
December 31, 2011, 01:19 PM
I think it should count. Glock makes plenty of guns here in the US, but they rarely let them be released here in the US... There are a few kicking around though. They mostly export them to countries that have trade restrictions with Austria. At the Glock armorors class, the instructors stated that they may release them for sale in the US once their new expansion at Smyrna is complete and they up the production levels here.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/tiffani33/Guns/CIMG1929.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/tiffani33/Guns/CIMG1926.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/tiffani33/Guns/CIMG1920.jpg

I should also add FNXs to the list. I think they make the best polymer DA/SA guns out there.

Baba Louie
December 31, 2011, 01:35 PM
Found this interesting searching for "Guns made in US" as my google fu search

http://americansworking.com/guns.html

They leave out many makers we have listed herein as American Made...

I'll throw this name out... STI... pick one... Ranger II (or any of the single stacks they offer near the $1k cutoff)

johnwilliamson062
December 31, 2011, 03:30 PM
All Hi-Point Firearms are made in
the United States of America with no imported components or parts.

Here is the key. For most of those manufacturers, lots of the components are made overseas and the minimum + assembly is done here so they can stamp it made in USA. The components are a huge part of the "jobs." Much like a lot of "US" cars. Many of the manufacturers listed above but not included on that site have great American sounding names but don't manufacture much in the US.
I hear Kahr also uses 100% US components, but I can't verify that. I guess the owner is second generation Korean American, and some people don't like that.

Also, look at where they manufacture all their accessories such as branded hats and t-shirts.

I'll buy the best gun at the best price whether made by Americans, Koreans, or Keebler Elves.

FairWarning
December 31, 2011, 03:38 PM
Maybe a better question would be American designed 9mm? The excellent Springfield XDs are at least partially designed in the US (yeah I know, modified from an existing platform), but built in Croatia, which undoubtedly keeps costs down. The SR9 is designed and built in the US as far as I know, but I can't name many other 9mms that fit that description.

My favorite 9s are designed and built in Europe. I'm mixed on .45s.

All of my favorite revolvers are US born and bred, however.

johnwilliamson062
December 31, 2011, 03:55 PM
I think he wants to support US workers. US designers are workers, but the number involved in design are far less than manufacturing.

dreamweaver
December 31, 2011, 05:06 PM
am i the only one who likes colts?
defender and new agent in 9mm, if you're considering carrying, are great guns.
commanders are a little bigger, "gov't" 1911 also available.
all can be had for less than $1000 if you watch the auctions.
jmho
yom

Silent Bob
December 31, 2011, 05:08 PM
"I guess the owner is second generation Korean American, and some people don't like that"

Never heard of anyone having a problem with Kahr products just because Justin Moon is second generation Korean, usually it has more to do with that he is a member of the Unification Church (the "Moonie Cult") as the son of the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, who amongst other things regards himself as Christ reborn and has an unsavory history, much of which has been discussed here or on other firearms forums.

Stealth01
December 31, 2011, 05:18 PM
BearArms2: And clearly 'best' is very subjective....maybe it should be said that it is designed very well, or very accurate, or most reliable in a home defense situation....those may be better criteria to define 'best' American 9mm.

Why do you ask for the "BEST" in America and then put a price limit on what can be posted... you want the best... here it is!

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m512/kengallagher/MS.jpg

chadio
December 31, 2011, 06:18 PM
Range gun? An STI Trojan w/adj sights would be my choice.

Defense / combat gun? Sig Sauer P226 (Exeter)

"can only have just one" - Beretta 92fs (US version)

SHNOMIDO
December 31, 2011, 06:21 PM
through my vote in with FNP/FNX

I dont know about best, but possibly the best value. These guns are basically half price.

jmr40
December 31, 2011, 07:34 PM
The FNX or FNP series are the best current production USA made 9mm pistols. Look for these to become the next "Big Thing" in handguns.

The 3rd Gen S&W pistols are often overlooked. They were good guns that never got the credit they deserved.

theyallhurt
December 31, 2011, 07:49 PM
Which Is The Best AMERICAN Made Semi-Auto 9mm Pistol?

In my opinion? The handgun you feel most comfortable shooting and can shoot accurately with. Ask around your area owners and gun clubs and I'm sure you'll find shooters that will gladly let you try the various weapons that fits that bill and wallet.

I prefer Beretta, myself.

Happy shooting and New Year! :D

presspics
December 31, 2011, 08:03 PM
S&W M&P is the best American made 9mm. Without a doubt!

Tnglock
December 31, 2011, 08:41 PM
Double action would go to FN and striker to the M&P . The Sig 2022 seems to be a solid gun. But i dont think its American made

Ridge_Runner_5
December 31, 2011, 08:50 PM
SIG P226

Exeter, NH :D

Tommy Vercetti
December 31, 2011, 09:00 PM
I'm a big fan of S&W's 6906, I never thought it got any better than that but the 3913 came close

chadk7
December 31, 2011, 11:41 PM
I'll vote for the m&p or the 3913

treg
January 1, 2012, 08:03 AM
Wow - my fave 9mm seems to be a real underdog here. US made by the best firearms company on the planet.

The Ruger SR9.

Te Anau
January 1, 2012, 09:12 AM
For most of those manufacturers, lots of the components are made overseas and the minimum + assembly is done here so they can stamp it made in USA.
Hmmmm........sounds like a certain optics makers in the northwest that most people here worship.

Heaven
January 1, 2012, 09:34 AM
Since price is an object I'd also vote for the S&W M&P.

Pilot
January 1, 2012, 09:48 AM
Leupold optics are made in Asia I take it.

GaryH
January 1, 2012, 10:16 AM
For price, functionality and hitting what I aim at I have to say the Ruger P95 is my choice. It's the best bang for the buck IMO.

I've spent time shooting a friend's Sig 2022, and I am going to buy one of those when I catch it on sale, but I can't honestly say it's any better or worse than the P95.

I can't believe I'm actually buying and using plastic pistols. Old dogs do learn tricks after all.

excelerater
January 1, 2012, 10:22 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/excelerater/ASST%20GUNS/IMAG0264.jpg

Bentonville
January 1, 2012, 10:49 AM
Beretta 92FS. Italian owned but American made. It's very affordable. I recently bought one and I am really pleased with it. It handles any ammo, It's easy to break down, easy to clean, has easy recoil, easy to shoot accurately, easy to get mags for it and after changing out the main spring to the "D" spring (which is easy), the trigger pull is easy. I guess you could just say it's easy.

skoro
January 1, 2012, 11:11 AM
I can't say with any authority that it's the best, but I can say with confidence that the S&W M&P9c is my favorite.

Lefty Shotlow
January 1, 2012, 09:53 PM
+1 on the whole M&P line. 9Pro is tops, but the 9C is also a great shooter.

sigarms228
January 1, 2012, 10:34 PM
The Navy SEALs use SIG P226 and the Secret Service uses SIG P229 if that helps.

shurshot
January 2, 2012, 09:37 AM
My duty weapon is a M&P 9MM. Great gun, shoots better than my Grandfather's old 39-2 9MM, which in 1974 (and still is IMHO), a state of the art handgun.

Boncrayon
January 2, 2012, 12:51 PM
Some Beretta's are made in the USA factory. Italian makes are better finish. Hard to beat a Beretta!

BearArms2
January 3, 2012, 12:20 AM
Just as with guns like Sig and Beretta -- there can be foreign made or American made pistols....does CZ offer any pistols made in America at all?? or are they all stamped Czech Republic?

Cheapshooter
January 3, 2012, 12:47 AM
Value for the dollar plus classic design I have to agree with the USA made Beretta 92fs.

Justice06RR
January 3, 2012, 12:59 AM
Another vote for the M&P. Can't really beat Smith and Wesson's CS and lifetime warranty.

Martowski
January 3, 2012, 09:39 AM
I believe all CZs are made in the Czech Republic; my understanding is that CZ USA is simply their US presence and importing company.

Someone mentioned the XD as being partially designed here. The original design for the XD was the HS2000 from a company named IM Metal; they came out in the late 90's or early 2000's and were selling for $299 at the time. I almost bought one but didn't. Then, Springfield armory acquired the importation rights and rebranded it as the XD and suddenly it became popular. The XDM and some of its variants incorporate modifications from the original XD design geared toward the US market, but the basic design is the original Croation design and all guns are still made in Croatia.

buckhorn_cortez
January 3, 2012, 03:48 PM
Springfield EMP.

80viking
January 3, 2012, 05:11 PM
One more vote for the Berreta 92. I've never had a semi-auto that was as utterly reliable. This gun will feed anything clean or dirty.

1hogfan83
January 3, 2012, 05:31 PM
the best for your money is the M&P. I love mine. I loved Glocks but since mine took a dump on me I hate them. Best 1911 for your money, smith and wesson 1911PD series. For the ultimate in 1911 fire power and quality, look nowhere else than wilson combat! Made in the great state of Arkansas, wooo pig soooie!

Tnglock
January 3, 2012, 08:40 PM
Springfield EMP is not American made thier Brazilian

KenW.
January 3, 2012, 10:08 PM
Colt All American 2000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_2000
:confused:
:o
:eek:

dreamweaver
January 3, 2012, 11:12 PM
Colt All American 2000

LOL!:D
one of my favorite colt screw ups.
had potential, but rushed into production and sold before the bugs were worked out. funny looking with crappy trigger. It's actually a comfortable shooter, if you can keep it running!
jmho

tom

jhgreasemonkey
January 5, 2012, 12:42 AM
Not sure if your criteria includes only current production. But how about the ultimate wonder 9? The S&W 5906. It's not made anymore but nice used ones can easily be found. It is purely American in design. Is probably the strongest 9mm ever made these are all stainless steel with hard chromed carbon steel sub-components. It's the final 3rd generation refinement of the first and second gen S&W auto's and it's really the culmination of years of well made improvements. I think it represents a flag ship of sorts with the American 9mm pistols. But I'm a little biased. Plus the heavy steel 9mm pistols are not nearly as popular as the lightweight plastics. The M&P seems to be the rising star of now days.

graysmoke
January 27, 2012, 02:34 PM
Best American made 9mm is the Smith & Wesson 5906 ....nuff said.

Stevie-Ray
January 27, 2012, 08:24 PM
am i the only one who likes colts?
defender and new agent in 9mm, if you're considering carrying, are great guns.
commanders are a little bigger, "gov't" 1911 also available.
all can be had for less than $1000 if you watch the auctions.Nope. I'll give you a +1000 on that!

RC20
January 27, 2012, 08:49 PM
For price, functionality and hitting what I aim at I have to say the Ruger P95 is my choice. It's the best bang for the buck IMO.

I've spent time shooting a friend's Sig 2022, and I am going to buy one of those when I catch it on sale, but I can't honestly say it's any better or worse than the P95.

I can't believe I'm actually buying and using plastic pistols. Old dogs do learn tricks after all.

Never tried the Ruger (hate reverse safety) but I own the Sig SP2022 (9mm) and think its the best thing since sliced bread.

While HK grip is better, Sig is good. Sig trigger is better both in crisp and reset. I like the HK de-cocker better, but thats a maringal feature that would not push me one way of the other.

And at something around $400, made in USA (Exeter) its a woner

TBT
January 27, 2012, 09:00 PM
Smith and Wesson M&P9

tommy gunnz
January 27, 2012, 09:11 PM
p95, 226 , m&p are at top of my list as well as the others however anything used by the military and police meaning the glock and m9 have been put through there paces. also browning hi 9

tommy gunnz
January 27, 2012, 09:13 PM
oh yeah love the hi point c9 best 115 i ever spent

tahunua001
January 27, 2012, 10:02 PM
I am probably going to be alone in my reasoning but I would say the Ruger SR9. accurate, reliable, great ergos(for me), ruger customer service, fun to shoot, reasonable ammo capacity and great trigger for a $400 dollar gun.

honorable mention.
the S&W M&P is also a very decent gun as well but I just cant get past the triggers on them.

cvb
January 27, 2012, 10:20 PM
somehow I was thinking along the lines of kahr, Ruger, SW, HiPoint, DB
When did Beretta and Sig become American aside from plant location. Its like saying Honda and BMWs are American cars like the Dodge Dart or Coronet.

TunnelRat
January 28, 2012, 01:12 AM
somehow I was thinking along the lines of kahr, Ruger, SW, HiPoint, DB
When did Beretta and Sig become American aside from plant location. Its like saying Honda and BMWs are American cars like the Dodge Dart or Coronet.

New Sig Sauer pistols, at least those that aren't imported, are 100% made in Exeter, NH. Believe it or not, NH is in the USA ;).

Sparks1957
January 28, 2012, 06:50 AM
Believe it or not, NH is in the USA

I'm pretty sure I would agree with the statement above.

I would say Ruger, Sigs, and S&W are all fine american-made guns. Others like Kahr, deserve honorable mention.

For lower price ranges, Ruger takes the prize for quality and reliability, in my opinion. Sig takes it for the high-end.

Fishbed77
January 28, 2012, 11:51 AM
am not sure about where they are made. But the best 9mm pistols like cars are designed in Europe.

FYI - those pistols you are referring to are my in Ulm, Germany by Walther.

Chris_B
January 28, 2012, 12:01 PM
I am not sure about where they are made. But the best 9mm pistols like cars are designed in Europe.

mmmm, welll....just like I'd bet on a Ford GT40 MKIV instead of a Ferrari P4 any day of the week and twice on Sunday, when you get down to very specific examples, broad statements kinda fall flat.

Like the whole Hi-Power thing...some things that could be seen as less than perfect on that pistol were actually designed by a European, not by John Browning, the location of where Browning was working on the pistol that became the Hi-Power doesn't have much to do with its success or failure, just as the Ford GT40MKIV didn't beat Ferrari just because it was made in the USA. Luckily for everyone, there are many, many fine 9mm pistols made all over the world nowadays, so we don't really need to fall back to jingoistic refuges :)

johnwilliamson062
January 28, 2012, 11:52 PM
There seems to be a near consensus in this thread that the gun should have brand that sounds 'Merican v. actually being manufactured or better yet wholly manufactured here. I bet you a pretty penny those Berettas and Sigs are 49% foreign parts, and probably more as there are a hundred or so countries where parts can be made and contribute to made in US percentage b/c of trade agreements.

I'm still shopping for my Keebler FS 9 Mini. If I only had decent skill in photoshop. You know those little elves would put a great finish on a firearm.

OKNewshawk
January 29, 2012, 01:58 AM
I'm voting for the FNH-USA FNP9.

OKNewshawk
January 29, 2012, 02:15 AM
Baba Louie wrote:They leave out many makers we have listed herein as American Made...

I don't know if they would consider FNH-USA as "American Made" but they should, going by this from the "About Us" section of FNH-USA's website (at http://www.fnhusa.com/le/qanda.asp)

Who is FNH USA?

In the United States, FN is represented by two entities.

FNH USA, located in McLean, Virginia, is responsible for sales, marketing and business development with the U.S. military, government agencies, law enforcement and the commercial sector.

FN Manufacturing, located in Columbia, South Carolina, is the U.S. manufacturing arm of FN and is currently producing M16 rifles, M249 light machine guns, M240 medium machine guns, FN bolt-action rifles and FNP pistols. FNM is one of only three manufacturers designated by the U.S. Government as the domestic industrial base for small arms production.(emphasis added)

B.N.Real
January 29, 2012, 02:05 PM
McLean Va. and Columbia S.C.?

Why does FN stamp Fredericksburg,Va. on the side of every handgun they sell?

manta49
January 29, 2012, 02:36 PM
Chris_B

I am not sure about where they are made. But the best 9mm pistols like cars are designed in Europe.

mmmm, welll....just like I'd bet on a Ford GT40 MKIV instead of a Ferrari P4 any day of the week and twice on Sunday, when you get down to very specific examples, broad statements kinda fall flat.

Well let me see, cars Jaguar-Ferrari-Bugatti-Lamborghini-Aston martin-BMW ect. Pistols. CZ-Walther-Beretta-Glock-H+k ect. The number of cars imported into America and the poor state of the american car industry tells a story. The question would be more interesting if it was the best 9 mm pistols designed and made in America.

PK380
January 29, 2012, 03:00 PM
Sig Sauer P250 Compact, 9mm. A much more comfortable grip than the Glock.

Chris_B
January 29, 2012, 03:26 PM
:)Well let me see, cars Jaguar-Ferrari-Bugatti-Lamborghini-Aston martin-BMW

I'm a dedicated car guy. Let's not go here, with Ferraris that have welding slag inside door panels, Lambos that have transmission linkages made in the outer rings of Hell, and Jaguars that overheat before the engine is keyed. Let's stick to guns

robertsig
January 29, 2012, 05:10 PM
I'm only regurgitating previous answers at this point, but I'd say the Smith M&P or SIG P229.

manta49
January 29, 2012, 05:53 PM
I'm a dedicated car guy. Let's not go here, with Ferraris that have welding slag inside door panels, Lambos that have transmission linkages made in the outer rings of Hell, and Jaguars that overheat before the engine is keyed. Let's stick to guns .

The fact that it is rare to see an american car in the UK i am sure that you see European cars every day in America sort of says it all. But we will have to disagree on this one. So we will stick to the best 9mm which are designed in Europe. What is the gun carried by most police in america Glock some might carry SIG or H+K. What does the military carry Beretta. You can disagree with me that the best 9mm pistols are designed in Europe but you are just wrong.

PS. The best revolvers are designed and made in America.

Johnnymurad
January 29, 2012, 07:15 PM
P95 $302 on buds guns...