PDA

View Full Version : Native American deer call

Prof Young
December 3, 2011, 02:16 PM
Hunters:
So knowing that deer are curious and will come to the sound of a chain saw and other things I took a Native American flute to the stand with me this weekend.

I played some simple tunes and . . . no one showed up for the concert.

Live well, be safe
Prof Young

mquail
December 3, 2011, 03:40 PM
They only come to flutes made from eagle bone. Of course if your not a Native American and have an eagle bone flute your probably in trouble with the fish and wildlife service. Good luck

tahunua001
December 4, 2011, 04:27 PM
haha first time I've heard of that one. interesting, I remember hearing the ole timers talking about how a soft whistle through brush or trees meant that a deer was nearby. I never put the two together till now but a lot of the attempts anyone ever made to demonstrating was about the same as a low pitched note from a nice cedarwood flute.

now you've got me wanting to go out and try it!!! :o

NDN-MAN
December 27, 2011, 07:43 PM
Sorry Bubba but the flute was used to court women. Not attract deer.
I think you may have been confused.

warbirdlover
December 28, 2011, 12:20 AM
I wasn't having any luck with my buck grunt call this year so tried to play some tunes on it... didn't work either. :(

Wild Bill Bucks
December 28, 2011, 11:13 AM
Seems to be that the only sure-nuf sound they will investigate, is the sound of warm running water, trickling down tree bark.
Ever tried shooting from that position?:D

JKump
December 28, 2011, 05:30 PM
The sound of human snoreing seems to bring them also. Everyone has heard stories where someone was asleep with deer under their stand.:o

jimbob86
December 28, 2011, 05:38 PM
The sound of human snoreing seems to bring them also.

This is Truth. My daughter can stay awake on stand for hours ...... as soon as she starts sawing logs, deer show up.