PDA

View Full Version : Yes there are "Big" Virginia Bucks

highvel
November 4, 2011, 08:08 PM
This is a buck supposedly killed in Cumberland County VA.
Very, very nice for our area or ANY area I think, I hope to find out the details and let y'all know;)
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g470/Highvel/IMG956388.jpg

.243_Shooter
November 4, 2011, 08:14 PM
Wow, that thing is huge. I've seen a lot of deer running across the road out that way but nothing even close to that.

warbirdlover
November 4, 2011, 11:15 PM
How much did the deer weigh? Nice rack anywhere in the US!!

shortwave
November 5, 2011, 06:22 AM
That's a trophy in most any state.

Virginia does have some nice bucks.

Last week I made two separate trips to Newport News, VA. from Ohio.

Most of my travel time through VA. was at night. Saw several decent to nice racked bucks along the roads. Saw a couple closer then I wanted.:eek:

Indi
November 5, 2011, 06:29 AM
WOW, Ive owned a bait and tackle shop for the last year and a half, we have a deer check station. Ive checked in more than 250 deer since then and have not seen anything close to that pic. AWESOME BUCK!!!! :eek:

upstate81
November 5, 2011, 10:34 AM
I'd have to change my pants after shooting that monster!

Wyosmith
November 5, 2011, 10:45 AM
Did anyone notice that the rack is that of a Mule Deer?

Dr. A
November 5, 2011, 11:02 AM
We've got a couple like that out of Kansas every year. Most wonder if they came from one of those enclosures that breeds megabucks.

FrankenMauser
November 5, 2011, 03:44 PM
Something isn't right.

I can't put my finger on it, but something isn't right....

Crankylove
November 5, 2011, 04:46 PM
Looks like a mulie mated with an elk.......weird...........but I would definitely take it home.

Daryl
November 5, 2011, 05:54 PM
That's an awesome buck. Congrat's to whoever got it.

Daryl

egor20
November 5, 2011, 08:59 PM
Very nice.

Haven't had a chance to hunt yet, to busy chasing people off who can't read.

"NO HUNTING"
"NO TRAPPING"

Signs..
:confused:

mrbro
November 5, 2011, 09:59 PM
Shenanigans!

warbirdlover
November 5, 2011, 11:16 PM
I'm thinking that's a photo manip. Too weird to be real. ;)

TX Hunter
November 6, 2011, 05:55 AM
That is the biggest rack I have ever seen, I would love to show up at Deer Camp with that in the back of my pickup.:)

KC Rob
November 6, 2011, 08:53 AM
That looks 'shopped to me, but maybe that is just jealousy. Having hunted in VA for many years prior to moving to MO, I never saw anything even close to that! Not to say that there aren't big deer in VA, but they tend to run on the smaller size compared to the midwest deer.

cornbush
November 6, 2011, 10:10 AM
something looks "fishy" about that photo........

22-rimfire
November 6, 2011, 10:45 AM
Looks like a high fence buck. Not saying that it is impossible to be shot in VA, but that is not normally the state you think of with high fence operations. The thin-ness makes it look very high fence looking; big antlers and small body.

highvel
November 6, 2011, 03:37 PM
Well if it has been photo shopped they did a good job, it's kinda difficult to get the angles,shadows and proportions right so it looks believable!
The part that I don't understand is why I haven't heard more about it as big as it is!

Skadoosh
November 6, 2011, 04:52 PM
I once saw a buck with a rack similar to that one on Yorktown Naval Weapons Station. Access is strictly controlled at that base and the bucks seem to know it. I swore I saw that buck thumb his nose at me.

Steel Talon
November 6, 2011, 05:13 PM
Farm raised buck..Hi fence hunt