PDA

View Full Version : .44 Charter arm 2.5 holster

egor20
August 16, 2011, 09:36 PM
I'm going to be given a .44 special, 2.5 inch Charter Arms (Bulldog) for a gift (helped delivered a foal) and I'm looking for a leather OWB holster. I normally carry at a 4:30 position, but might be interested in a crossdraw at 2:30.

Please only people that carry the Bulldog in leather OWB

Thank you.

ClydeFrog
August 16, 2011, 11:01 PM
Depending on your time, budget, style choices etc, you can get decent revolver holsters from these brands;
Mernickle(check spelling), Galco, Bianchi-intl, Don Hume, Tex Shoemaker, Alessi, DeSantis, Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen, Kramer Leather, Kirkpatrick Gunleather, El Paso Saddlery, Ken Null.
Milt Sparks markets a great strongside/crossdraw design called the 55BN.
It might be available for the 2.5" barrel Bulldog .44spl.

drail
August 20, 2011, 04:14 PM
Have been lugging Charter Bulldogs daily for many years. They're so light you can literally forget you have it on your belt. Most holsters made for a S&W K frame snub or a Colt Detective Spl. will retain a Bulldog very well. I have used 4:30 and crossdraw positions and like them both. They're are tons of leather holsters out there that should work. I find most of mine at gunshows.

egor20
August 21, 2011, 10:02 PM
Thank you Clyde and drail for the inputs. I'll probably look at a Triple K crossdraw for a S&W K frame from The Cowboy and Shooters Supply, LLC , I'll give Sue and Bill a call tomorrow.