View Full Version : Ever heard of this one?

April 5, 2000, 04:25 PM
A few months ago I was given a semi-auto .22LR rifle that is a dead ringer for an AR-15. It was made by Di A. Piscetta of Italy and imported by EMF of California. It is called a Jager (umlaut over the 'a' in Jager) AP-74. Thr reciever is cast aluminum of something like it, it has a triangular plastic two piece handguard, and a three-pronged flash hider. The manual is printed in three languages; Italian, English and French.

Any idea of quality? what it is worth? I can't find a reference to this gun in Fajested's Blue Book or in Shooters Digest.

Any help would be appreciated.

I had posted this request a couple of days ago and it got swallowed up by the tech glitch.

Remember, just because you are not paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you!

April 5, 2000, 04:54 PM
I've heard of 'em, I've got one too. ;)
They were made for quite a few years, the serial number on mine is five digits 856XX.
Mr. Jager died several years ago, and the remaining parts were put together and sold under the name Jager-Kassnar as the AP-15.
They were imported by EMF and Mitchell Arms.
One thing I like about them is they will accept M16/AR15 parts such as grip, handguards, flash hider, and scopemount with little or no modifications. I've got A2 parts on mine.
Here's a website for you to check out: http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/rimfires.htm
It is almost impossible to find parts for this neat little rifle as the supply has just about dried up, but a good machine shop should be able to make you anything you may need for it.
I've had mine for over 17 years, and it'll still consistantly shoot 3/4" groups at 100 yds.
There's a picture of mine at the Yahoo club Guns and Ammo if you want to see how it looks with A2 parts. :)