View Full Version : Russian Target Rifle

January 23, 2000, 08:49 PM
Does anyone know anything about a Russian Biatholon (sic) rifle with a toggle bolt.
It's a bolt action, Micrometer sights, large globe front sight. flip down shields on both front and rear sights. Bolt has a long vertical extension.. short throw flips Luger type toggle bolt. Stock looks like it was cut from 2x6, holds 4 spare magazines on right side. Gun shop asking about $650 and although it's something different I have no idea what it's actuallt worth. Any ideas ??

Harley Nolden
January 23, 2000, 09:13 PM
Don't know much about it. Saw one in Moscow, in the 70's, and it placed in the top ten shooters, of all the Eastern Block Countries of that period.

Don't have a value, but if you want an accurate rifle, the price would seem resonable.

January 24, 2000, 09:24 AM
Go to www.kusa.guns.ru (http://www.kusa.guns.ru) then click on the target rifles link. I think the weapon you're looking for is the first one - Biathlon 7 they call it.
According to the site the BI-7-3 and BI-7-4 are designed for 50 meter biathalon shooting. The BI -73 is recommended for women and juniors and the BI-7-4 for men. The differences are dimensions of the stock and the position of the trigger relative to the grip.
This rifle uses a 5.6 mm rimfire round (if original). I have no idea where you'd find this ammunition if you're looking for a shooter.
The asking price for different models of target rifles varies from $495 to $1225 US with this model listing at $925.
See the link for further info.

James K
January 24, 2000, 01:52 PM
Hi, Fal308,

5.6mm RF is another name for .22 LR.

January 24, 2000, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the help guys ..

January 25, 2000, 09:50 AM
Thanks Jim. I was thinking it was .22lr but for some reason .216 kept popping up in my excuse for a brain :eek: