PDA

View Full Version : Instructors Belt vs. Riggers Belt

doctori
May 27, 2011, 12:31 PM
I am looking for a sturdy cloth/nylon belt that will support a FS weapon. What is the difference between a Riggers belt and an Instructors belt?:confused:

GURU1911
May 27, 2011, 02:34 PM
They are very similar in design & materials. The riggers belt is more appropriate for emt, rescue, & paramilitary applications. The original "wilderness" instructors belt is more applicable for everyday wear in the civilian market.

The 1.75" size is a snug fit on jeans & bdu trousers. It has 5-row stitching along the full length of the belt to add stiffness to prevent fold-over. Buy i size larger than your trouser measurement.

For example: Trousers--34 belt---36

they are sold by brownells, dillon precision, thunder ranch, & gunsite pro-shops. The price will be somewhere between $35 to $40.

Guru1911

doctori
May 28, 2011, 06:51 AM
Thanks so much for the explanation. I saw a Galco Instructors belt for $45 but the salesperson could not explain the difference and said they both serve the same purpose.... to keep your pant up:D

GURU1911
May 28, 2011, 11:18 AM
Go to your favorite search engine & type in the box---"winderness instructors belt" & see what pops up. They have their own website. Btw: They are also sold by "midway usa" & if the belt gets dirty, you can handwash with hot soapy water & a soft bristle brush. Hand outside the house & let air dry.

Guru1911

Wagonman
May 28, 2011, 12:50 PM
I think the difference is style. The rigger usually has a buckle and instructor has a friction lock mechanism.

enfwago
May 28, 2011, 01:34 PM
I bought 2 5.11 trainer belts from the NRA website last week. They only had limited sizes in limited colors, but I got 2 for 15.00 each, so I couldn't pass it up. They are really stiff and hold my G19 fine. Not sure how they compare to the Wilderness ones, but I'm pretty happy with these.

snipecatcher
May 28, 2011, 06:01 PM
I love my Wilderness belt. I originally bought it for concealed carry, but I wear it every day and use in it competitions also. Works great, and very well made. I've gotten to where I prefer the friction lock/velcro to a traditional buckle.
-Dan