PDA

View Full Version : Recoat of an Epoxy Finish

Semper Paratus
May 26, 2011, 09:12 PM
Just acquired a NIB BHP with the ugly digital Camo epoxy finish. Is there a product or process that, without stripping all of the old finish can be applied over the existing epoxy? I know I should have bought a beautiful blued BHP if I don't like the digital Cammy but at $520 OTD I'm willing to look for workarounds.

GURU1911
May 27, 2011, 02:50 PM
I offer the following suggestions:

1. Ship your pistol to either "robar" or "coal creek armory" to consider having these folks strip & replate your pistol to something more pleasing to your eye, that will also provide outstanding protection, as well as the performance of your new hi-power. Checkout their websites for additional info regarding the finishes they both offer.

Guru1911

Eghad
May 27, 2011, 03:11 PM
Rich Lucibella just posted a thread with his old/ new BHP with a Robar NP3 coating. It was down right gorgeous.

Send it to the pros and get it done right.

GURU1911
May 29, 2011, 10:37 PM
The robar "np3" finish on everything really rocks !!!! Have used robar many times over the past 20 years with great satisfaction. They are my "go-to-guys" for firearms refinishing, like novak's is for sight installations.

Yes, the np3 is expensive, but i have never heard anyone say "i don't like it" after they have seen it & experienced the performance of the coating.

Guru1911