View Full Version : Steyr AUG-USR differences?

September 6, 1999, 04:58 PM
Beyond the PC stock and removal of flash hider, what if any differences are there between the two?

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other b@stard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

September 7, 1999, 01:27 AM
I have never seen one with anything other than a grey stock, but they claim there are black and green out there. I don't think the USR has the quick interchangable barrel either because all of the barrels on the market are pre-ban with flash hiders.

September 23, 1999, 02:49 AM
The USR's cannot be converted to Class III select fire weapons. Pre-ban AUG's can with the proper paper work and 200$ tax.

May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

Daniel Watters
September 23, 1999, 03:18 PM
blades67: I hate to tell you, but I've seen a USR converted to full-auto by a Class 2 manufacturer: SOCOM Manufacturing of North Augusta, SC. It had a grey stock stamped USR, you could see where the thumbhole addition had been cut off, and they even fired it at the demonstration.

September 24, 1999, 12:54 AM
Daniel, I think he means and still be legal for civilian ownership. The only way I can think of to do the original AUG in C-III now would be a registered DIAS (which I do not even know if they exist) or someone sent the paperwork in and got it approved prior to the 5/86 cut off.