PDA

View Full Version : Sig lines and font?

Boberama
May 24, 2011, 06:57 PM
I set my sig's font to Fixed Sys font, and it looks rather large, but I didn't change the font size?

Is this supposed to occur? I don't want my sig to be obnoxious or anything. I'm on an old monitor and it looks quite large.

Does it look acceptable on your screens?

Thanks.

Roger Ronas
May 24, 2011, 07:30 PM
I'm new here so I haven't seen anything mentioned about how sigs should look, but I think yours is fine.

Roger

Mal H
May 24, 2011, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't necessarily call it obnoxious, more like ostentatious, i.e., intended to attract notice. Why make it bold and in italics? The quote isn't exactly noteworthy enough for all that highlighting and it will tend to overpower anything you actually say in a post.

tyme
May 24, 2011, 09:17 PM
Lady Gaga: modern day Shakespeare?

Boberama
May 25, 2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks for your input.

I wanted to make sure there weren't any standards for signatures that I was in breach of.

I wanted the signature to be highly visible, since I want to proclaim the fact that I am a fan, so that I wouldn't be tempted to make off-topic posts, etc, which is something I have a problem with on many sites. :)

I noticed that when I hold Ctrl and rotate the mouse wheel, the size of the webpage decreases, but my signature stays the same size. Weird.

Thanks all.