PDA

View Full Version : Glock 18 full auto pistol

Spencer R.
May 16, 2011, 11:21 AM
We did a video on how to shoot the Glock 18 the other day. Shooting a full auto pistol is a lot of fun and we thought we would share by posting up the video.

Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCh8LuGkttI&feature=channel_video_title

Let us know what you think the comments section on Youtube

Constantine
May 16, 2011, 12:13 PM
I want one.

insolentshrew
May 16, 2011, 03:34 PM
I saw a video of some kid shooting a full auto g18, was using his weak hand as a support in front of the trigger guard....like you would use your arm for while grabbing a pillar/wall with your weak hand and resting a rifle on your arm for stability.

The recoil pushed his strong arm back because his elbow wasn't locked and overcompensated for recoil and shot himself in the hand. Good game. He should have had a video like this to learn from before shooting!

btw the video "was" on youtube, not sure if it still is.

glock20c
May 16, 2011, 04:35 PM
fun to shoot,when the police dept received the g18 it came with 2 18rd mags,we used the 32rd mag...ran perfect!!

MrWesson
May 17, 2011, 12:13 PM
I saw a video of some kid shooting a full auto g18, was using his weak hand as a support in front of the trigger guard....like you would use your arm for while grabbing a pillar/wall with your weak hand and resting a rifle on your arm for stability.

The recoil pushed his strong arm back because his elbow wasn't locked and overcompensated for recoil and shot himself in the hand. Good game. He should have had a video like this to learn from before shooting!

btw the video "was" on youtube, not sure if it still is.

The G18 had a foregrip in the video. He was holding it and his hand slipped.

Foregrips belong on rifles

chasep255
May 19, 2011, 05:03 PM
Nice video. Would be more useful if most of us could actually get one :(.

rose728751
May 19, 2011, 05:25 PM
About a month ago I cleaned my G23, went out to the desert to shoot some targets, pulled the trigger and BRRRRRRRRAT all 13 round went down range. W T F!!!! Put in another mag and BRRRRRRRRRAT all 13 rounds went doen range, called it a day and went home. Took the gun completly apart. It was the firing pin stop plunger, the spring had fallin sideways when I cleaned it and reassembled it the day prior to going out to shoot.

ET.
May 21, 2011, 09:45 PM
Can you post a "how to" video on how you turned your G23 into a full auto handgun by laying the firing pin stop plunger spring on it's side. I think many people would be interested in viewing it.:cool: At least I know of one person anyway.;)

highvel
May 21, 2011, 10:23 PM
Yep, people want to know EXACTLY how not to cause a full auto burst:D

JohnKSa
May 22, 2011, 12:04 AM
The G18 had a foregrip in the video. He was holding it and his hand slipped.The foregrip either detached or broke off, it wasn't clear which in the video.

rose728751
May 22, 2011, 01:35 PM
JUST DON'T LET THE "Firing Pin Safety Plunger Spring" FALL CANTED IN THE WELL... This was not done intentionaly:cool:

Yep, people want to know EXACTLY how not to cause a full auto burst

Nickel Plated
May 22, 2011, 05:02 PM
Can you post a "how to" video on how you turned your G23 into a full auto handgun by laying the firing pin stop plunger spring on it's side. I think many people would be interested in viewing it. At least I know of one person anyway.

Lol what are you a fed? :D j/k

JohnKSa
May 22, 2011, 06:48 PM
While that method will probably work, it creates a significant danger of a slamfire during the feeding process. Besides the legality issues involved with doing it intentionally, jamming the firing pin in the forward position is not a smart way to achieve full-auto fire unless the firearm is designed to work that way in the first place.

monstercat
May 23, 2011, 03:39 PM
I want one

mboylan
May 23, 2011, 06:01 PM
Can you post a "how to" video on how you turned your G23 into a full auto handgun by laying the firing pin stop plunger spring on it's side. I think many people would be interested in viewing it. At least I know of one person anyway.

Great way to do 10 years in the Federal pen. I doubt the ATF would buy your explanation. They might give you the benefit of the doubt and only sentence you to 30 months.

mboylan
May 30, 2011, 08:50 PM
PS. This is also a great way to get an out of battery detonation and a blown up gun.

Skans
May 31, 2011, 10:26 AM
jamming the firing pin in the forward position is not a smart way to achieve full-auto fire unless the firearm is designed to work that way in the first place

Most likely wouldn't work in a Glock pistol or most semi-auto pistols. The reason why is because the bolt doesn't have a lip on the bottom of it to push the case forward, like with most open-bolt guns. Without that lip, the case is likely to misfeed and jam. You might be able to get it to double or triple. Dangerous and illegal.....and, worthless.

JohnKSa
July 26, 2011, 09:27 PM
While I've seen it debated on a forum or two, I think it's fairly safe to say that there are no transferrable G18 pistols in the U.S.

JN01
July 30, 2011, 06:35 PM
I recently got to shoot one. Fired a lot of full autos over the years, and I think the G18 ties with the Browning M2 for the most fun. 30 rounds gone in 1.5 seconds, but still quite easily controlled.

Davey
August 1, 2011, 07:14 AM
Does a fully auto Glock have any practical applications?

MidwestRookie
August 1, 2011, 11:52 AM
I don't know, is there anything that needs 30 rounds shot at it in under 2 seconds?

What do you think?

maestro pistolero
August 1, 2011, 01:06 PM
I am going through the NFA Tax Stamp process as we speak...Next I want a fully auto firearm. How much would a G18 run me, and are they even available to civilians?No machine guns built after 1986 may be transferred to civilians. The only exception I am aware of is for Class 3 dealers who may have a dealer sample, as long as he is in business.

9mm
August 1, 2011, 08:52 PM
His looked like a newer Glock model.

He must be renting it or has his own gun store. I do not think you cannot buy NEW Glock 18's without that. Because Glocks where made 1982>prior and that machine gun ban came in 1986.

IDAHO83501
August 1, 2011, 08:58 PM
WOW:D

mboylan
August 2, 2011, 03:21 AM
I am going through the NFA Tax Stamp process as we speak...Next I want a fully auto firearm. How much would a G18 run me, and are they even available to civilians?

No, it would have had to been imported and registered before November of 1968 to be legal. A full-auto Glock 17 would have had to have been converted with a custom designed and manufactured backplate and registered before May of 1986 to be legal. None were.

There are a few transferable registered machine pistols in the registry. I saw a Berreta 93R go for $38,000 a few years ago.

The cheapest full-auto anything you are going to find is a SWD M11/9 for a little over $3000.

Gossettc68
August 3, 2011, 01:46 PM
mboylan is right. The cheaper way would be to pick up a conversion kit. There are 3 ways to go about acquiring a full auto glock. If your a class III then you'll need a class II to make post sample for you. Alternitevly if your a class II ( SOT ) you can make make em. Last is law enforcement and you would need to get a department letterhead and have a Class II finish it for you. It would be owned by the department, but issued to you.

The most difficult part about the last one is convincing your Chief that a full-auto glock is a good idea. I always tell LEO's to explain to their Chief that they don't always have their shotgun with them and with a flick of a switch they could have the power of their shotgun available at all times. Also if your a LEO wanting a full auto glock make sure you get one with a selector pin instead of a selector switch. The switch can get in the way of holstering your gun.

I deal with customers calls every day over this issue because I sell conversion kits 80% finished, which make the kits legal to own by anyone because of their not finished state. So I spend the day on the phone with customers educating them and giving information on how to become legal. Getting your Class III/Comboylan is right. The cheaper way would be to pick up a conversion kit. There are 3 ways to go about acquiring a full auto glock. If your a class III then you'll need a class II to make post sample for you. Alternitevly if your a class II ( SOT ) you can make make em. Last is law enforcement and you would need to get a department letterhead and have a Class II finish it for you. It would be owned by the department, but issued to you.

The most difficult part about the last one is convincing your Chief that a full-auto glock is a good idea. I always tell LEO's to explain to their Chief that they don't always have their shotgun with them and with a flick of a switch they could have the power of their shotgun available at all times. Also if your a LEO wanting a full auto glock make sure you get one with a selector pin instead of a selector switch. The switch can get in the way of holstering your gun.

I deal with customers calls every day over this issue because I sell conversion kits 80% finished, which make the kits legal to own by anyone because of their not finished state. So I spend the day on the phone with customers educating them and giving information on how to become legal. Which I actually enjoy doing. Nice to see more C3's pop up and join the party.