PDA

View Full Version : Ruger parts interchange?

BlkHawk73
April 15, 1999, 07:52 PM
I have a Ruger Blackhawk in .41 magnum. I have installed a Burris 2x using a Burris mount and Redfield rings and a SBH hammer for easier scope clearance. I now wish to install a Bisey gripframe but keep the SBH hammer and the stock trigger. Ruger service says the entire Bisle trigger assembly (INTERNALS) must be installed to function with the Bisley gripframe. I don't really want to deviate from my original pla. Is this possible? Thanks.

Harley Nolden
April 15, 1999, 08:01 PM
BLKHAWK:
I have seen this posted in another area and am not familiar with the parts interchange your are suggesting. If I might suggest, contact Ruger for that information. The parts interchane referred to in my heading is for Hard Ware Guns.

HJN

4V50 Gary
April 15, 1999, 08:15 PM
Suggest you get a parts list for the Ruger Bisley. If the part # is different from the Blackhawk, then the parts are unique. Ruger may be concerned about fitting, function and safety of the firearm if certain parts are changed.

BlkHawk73
April 19, 1999, 01:36 PM
Talked with a Ruger afficionado (sp?) this past weekend at a gunshow. The Proposed idea I had of Keeping my SBH hammer and the orginal trigger and installing a Bisley gripframe will work w/o any additional 'smithing. This will not however, work on the "3-screw" models. Hopefully ordering new gripframe soon...results later.