PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg 535 Pump Dropping Shells

chasep255
May 1, 2011, 03:01 PM
I have a Mossberg 535 ATS Field shotgun with a 3 1/2'' 12GA chamber. When I was shooting doubles in skeet today I missed the second target half the time. Not because I was missing the clay but because my second shot was falling out of the tube before I could cycle the action. It seems that the recoil of the first shot causes the second shell to come out of the tube. I think it may be a problem with the shell stop but I really don't know. Any ideas?

chasep255
May 1, 2011, 03:03 PM
Also I forgot to mention that this problem does not occur every time I load more than 1. Today it dropped the shell half the time. I think it depends on which brand of ammo I am using.

Mosinnagant
May 1, 2011, 03:31 PM
I would replace the the shell stop and if that dose not help take it to a smith. I would not thing it was ammo if it only happened half of the time.

John L. Smith
May 1, 2011, 03:40 PM
Are you having an problem loading the magazine? On mine when you are loading, the first shell goes in fine but the 2nd & 3rd shell want to hang up, have to try 2 or 3 times to get them in. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

chasep255
May 1, 2011, 03:51 PM
No prolbem loading. The shell pops out when I fire the first shot.

rugerfreak
May 1, 2011, 03:51 PM
Make sure your mag tube is screwed in tight.