PDA

View Full Version : Video Review: SSAR-15 Bump Fire Stock for the AR15

Sturmgewehre
April 9, 2011, 08:34 PM
I have to admit, this thing is cool. Most devices of this type are poorly made, not all that reliable in function and are generally cheap. This device stands out among them and I actually enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0BgLk1i9yY

HunterGuy
April 10, 2011, 09:22 AM
Way cool, I'm gonna have to get me one.

kozak6
April 10, 2011, 02:53 PM
It's exactly the same as an Atkins Accelerator, except that you use muscle tension to pull the rifle forwards again instead of a spring.

I wonder how long it's going to remain legal.

Crosshair
April 10, 2011, 03:25 PM
Oh the mental gymnastics the ATF is gonna have to pull to get that banned are going to get interesting.

johnwilliamson062
April 10, 2011, 04:12 PM
I agree with Crosshair. ATFE is going to have trouble banning that with any sort of logical reasoning.
I would guess it is compatible with the lonewolf glock mag lowers. Boy could that be fun and actually somewhat effective for defense at the pistol caliber ranges. Maybe buy one for a 22 RF build also.

HunterGuy
April 10, 2011, 07:40 PM
Oh the mental gymnastics the ATF is gonna have to pull to get that banned are going to get interesting.

I laughed pretty hard on that myself

jad0110
April 10, 2011, 07:52 PM

That right there is reason enough for me to hold off a few years before even thinking of buying one.

Sturmgewehre
April 10, 2011, 09:18 PM
Most likely until they ban left arms and trigger fingers. The only way to ban it is to ban semi-auto rifles.

The spring in the Atkins stock is the difference, and it's a big difference. The spring made the trigger actuation mechanical which is a no-no. You can put a crank on a 1919 and it's legal. Put an electric motor on the crank and you're going to prison.