PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Super Blackhawk trigger

44 AMP
March 14, 2011, 11:57 PM
I am wondering about getting a smooth trigger for my Super Blackhawk. After decades of using the Blackhawk with a smooth trigger, I find I dislike the feel of the grooved trigger on the Super.

Will a regular Blackhawk trigger be a drop in fit for the Super? Would it have to be fitted by a smith? Does someone make a smooth trigger for the Super Bhawk?

Its a new model Super Blackhawk, not certain of the year, but made before they moved the barrel warning underneath.

Thanks

hartlock
March 15, 2011, 11:38 AM
You could probably put one of the latest Super Blackhawk triggers in your
gun. Ive got a new 10" barrel Super Blackhawk that I shoot in IHMSA
silhouette matches, and it has a smooth trigger. I think they have been
smooth for quite awhile, now.

Unclenick
March 15, 2011, 02:24 PM
You might also check around to see if someone makes a smooth trigger shoe for the existing trigger. By widening the trigger and spreading the force out over a larger area it makes the trigger pull feel lighter, even though it's not.

mavracer
March 15, 2011, 03:31 PM
Yes a regulaar bh trigger will work the only difference between a lg frame bh and a sbh s the grip framei

M.O.A.
March 15, 2011, 03:49 PM
i just read today that the blackhawk,super blackhawk,single six, bearcat and super bearcat made from 1953 to 1972 serial #s below 93-00000 have a free safety offer from ruger. Im not sure what all they do but it might get a new triger with this safety kit. So if you have a three frame screw gun i would think about that and call ruger.

nogo
March 17, 2011, 07:56 PM
Why not have a smith grind off the grooves, polish, and cold blue?

44 AMP
March 17, 2011, 11:08 PM
I have considered having the original trigger ground, but wanted to explore all other options.

The gun is a new Model Super Blackhawk, so the factory refit of pre 1973 models does not apply.
And the pull is already fine and light, so a trigger shoe doesn't get me anything.

I was unaware that current SuperBlackhawk triggers are smooth. Anybody know when they changed them?

Thanks for all the replies!