PDA

View Full Version : New M1A Scout Squad!

Ben Towe
March 8, 2011, 12:10 AM
Well I did it, dropped $1600 on a new M1A. I wanted a Garand first but this one begged and whimpered until I bought it. I'm so weak...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

alloy
March 8, 2011, 07:38 AM
Looks very nice.
When do you get to try it out?

Vince44
March 8, 2011, 08:58 AM
Want one of these myself, but then came the question of re-bedding. Still doing some research.

macsters
March 8, 2011, 10:12 AM
i have been drooling over the scout squad for a while now. i just dont know if the extra barrel length on a full m1 is a better choice for increased accuracy/ballistics. i guess the question is, is the shorter barrel worth the increased portability for the drop in accuracy? is there really even that significant a drop in accuracy?

when you take her shooting, you should post what kind of accuracy you get.

SR420
March 8, 2011, 10:16 AM
macsters i have been drooling over the scout squad for a while now. i just dont know if the extra barrel length on a full m1 is a better choice for increased accuracy/ballistics.

The standard length 22.0" barrel is very important once you start reaching out beyond 800 yards.

SR420
March 8, 2011, 10:22 AM
Ben Towe Well I did it...

Congratulations!

My very 1st M14 type rifle was a Scout M1A.
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac160/The_H2O_MAN/MK14EBR-RI/th_ebrbuild.jpg (http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac160/The_H2O_MAN/MK14EBR-RI/ebrbuild.jpg)

Ben Towe
March 8, 2011, 11:24 AM
I shot it yesterday just a little. Misfire on every other shot:eek:. Turns out it had a little burr on the gas piston, my gun shop has a guy that does a little 'smithing and he polished it for me and it's working well now. I was afraid I was going to have to ship it back.

thesheepdog
March 8, 2011, 12:24 PM
is there really even that significant a drop in accuracy?

Shorter barrels are inherently more accurate that longer barrels, as they are stiffer and don't flex as much under harmonics-comparing two barrels of the same diameter.