PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Jeans

mete
February 20, 2011, 07:42 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1358771/Gun-concealment-jeans-disturbing-new-craze-jails.html

Well we really do export things !! It's nice to see the Brits being well dressed in their prisons !! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Carne Frio
February 20, 2011, 01:35 PM
Perhaps the Brits have not heard of the strategy of "search" when it comes to incarcerated felons? And I guess that putting them all into jumpsuits would
be considered "cruel" in the nanny state.:D

egor20
February 20, 2011, 01:40 PM
I didn't pay $92 for my Galco holster, I don't think I'll be paying that for a pair of jeans. :rolleyes:

jcsturgeon
February 20, 2011, 04:35 PM
I find that to be kind of strange, as a general rule, British people don't really wear jeans. (Or t-shirts or sneakers for that matter, which are all three quintessentially American.)

Why would they put their prisoners in those pants? I more easily identify them if they break out?

cambeul41
February 20, 2011, 04:43 PM
The trousers are favoured by American street gangs but have only recently been seen in British prisons.

They are "favoured by American street gangs"? Really? I'd like a source for that gem.

egor20
February 20, 2011, 04:49 PM
My wife's from England, she had a good laugh at the article, I'll have to warn my FIL about these gun toting jeans hoodlums :D:D:D