PDA

View Full Version : M&P 15-22 SW piece

grogbro
February 17, 2011, 05:48 PM
My apologies if this is in the wrong area. I've had my MP 15-22 for a while now and at the range the other day one of the bullets (sorry if I use the wrong terminology) exploded when the bolt/firing pin hit. The bullet when off but the casing remained with the back seal split from the explosion. I removed the casing and as I was cleaning the gun I realized a piece was missing on the right side of the bolt where there is a groove and a small spring. The spring is not held in the cylinder hole so something obviously was blown out.

I am having a hard time finding a parts list where I can pin point what the piece was so I can order a replacement. Also, I am wondering if depending on the piece if I should do it myself ;)

Any suggestions? I can also post a pic if it helps later on.

triggerman770
February 20, 2011, 01:41 PM
try Smith & wesson, they sell parts to the general public unless it is a "restricted part" which is available only to gunsmiths and/or installed by S&W. there should be a parts diagram/list in your owners manual to identify the part. then go here
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_757822_-1_757814_757812_image