PDA

View Full Version : Garand trigger group problem

overland
February 16, 2011, 08:02 PM
Been working on the new Boyds stock for my M1. It looks great with eight coats of boiled linseed. Now the issue is fitting the trigger group. Everything came together fine and the trigger group drops in perfectly. But I cannot close the trigger guard even with a lot of force. Any ideas. I can't see any obstructions and the inside of the new stock matches up perfectly with the old ones so it should fit. The M1 is an HRA with a Springfield trigger group.

MythBuster
February 16, 2011, 08:20 PM
The stock is too fat. That is common with Boyd's stocks. A little wood will have to be removed.

This is normal. It allows you to custom fit your trigger group for the perfect lock up.

44 AMP
February 16, 2011, 11:55 PM
smoke the upper end of the triggerguard, hooks included. Fit it in the stock and try to close it. Then look in the stock for the black marks, thats where you'll need to relieve the wood.

4EVERM-14
February 17, 2011, 04:42 PM
Mythbuster is right. Wood needs to be remove from under the trigger guard area. Use caution as not removing enough wood can cause the guard to 'spring' when latching the guard. This may upset the hammer/ sear relationship.