PDA

View Full Version : How has your Plum Crazy AR-15 lower held up?

Falcon642
February 11, 2011, 01:28 AM
Thinking about building another AR-15 (my Del-Ton, Rock River, and Bushmaster are lonely :D) and thinking about making a really lightweight one. Obviously the Plum Crazy would be a really lightweight start, but I have reservations about having the entire lower made of polymer.

So, if you have Plum Crazy lower how has it held up for you? How rounds have you put through it? How many problems?

Thanks guys.

Jim243
February 11, 2011, 01:42 AM
Can't say, don't know anything about the Plumb Crazy lower. Just bought the Bushmaster SuperLite around Christmas and it is a Carbon Fiber upper and lower. Works real well and is super lite - till I started to hang stuff on it like a scope, quad rail, bi-pod, vertical grip, dual mags, flash light, that kind of stuff. Shoots exceptional well but have only put 100 rounds through it so far, waiting for spring to really give it a work out.

I have no problem with the polymer lower, it would be an easy fix with an aluminum lower, but I don't think it is needed.

Jim

The whole gun was just the cost of a complete upper ($599.95).

okiewita40
February 11, 2011, 06:28 AM
I am looking at getting one of these in a couple of weeks. Seems like a viable lower. I like the tupperware pistols so why not a tupperware lower for an AR. Go browse the PCF forum. They say there are even some police dept. and swat teams using them.

I figure it is worth a try plus if it doesn't work out. Just buy a reg. lower add a LPK and use the butt stock off the PCF.

c0nspire
February 11, 2011, 03:42 PM
I have 200 rounds or so of 5.56 through mine without a hiccup. The fit can be a little tight to the upper, but a small side-to-side wiggle sorts that out. The trigger is exceptionally nice (surprisingly so). It'll get more rounds through it once I order a light-weight upper (it's the GF's rifle).