PDA

View Full Version : Mosin nagant

Acerdog
February 5, 2011, 06:38 PM
Have a chance to pick up a m38 mosin for $100 seems to be in good shape any thoughts would be appreciated :confused:

the rifleer
February 5, 2011, 06:42 PM
Go for it, if you don't like it you can just buy another one...

zombieslayer
February 5, 2011, 06:44 PM
M38's, especially nice ones, are tough to find these days. I'd jump on that. Excellent rifles. Tough, cheap to shoot, and fun.

essohbe
February 5, 2011, 06:58 PM
Yea, good find. How is the bore? Is it decent? Where was it made? PICS! Lol.
I like the Mosin carbines. I have an M44, the bayonet rules!

Bamashooter
February 5, 2011, 07:50 PM
I think the carbine model mosin's are getting harder to find at a good price. Unless its a complete POS I would get it.

Acerdog
February 5, 2011, 07:56 PM
Pick it up tomorrow will get pics.

Mosinnagant
February 5, 2011, 08:00 PM
Very good deal I have seen them go for twice as much now and days.

The Great Mahoo
February 6, 2011, 12:18 AM
That's a steal for an M38 these days. Mosin's are still available at about that, but the M38's have dried up.

I sprung for an M44, with folding bayonet, but would much rather have bought the 38 if I could. I don't much need the bayonet, but the M38 should have a detachable one with it.

I'd snatch it up. If not, PM me the details and I'd be happy to take it off you're hands for that :D

chris in va
February 6, 2011, 12:44 AM
Had one, really pretty useless except for the massive fireball. Sat in my safe for years, finally sold it last month.

Bamashooter
February 6, 2011, 12:51 AM
I have killed deer with mine. All three are pretty good shooters. With the right ammo I have seen some good accuracy with a mosin. I have seen guns that cost alot more not be as accurate as a $ 75-100 mosin. Almost any mosin would be worth $100.

wpcexpert
February 6, 2011, 02:44 AM
I'll tell you my thoughts, if a firearm fires a projectile, is in decent shape/functional, for a hundred dollars, I can't pass it up. if I have the money of course. Aside from some of the extremely low end handguns that is.