PDA

View Full Version : Using Chinese Throwing Stars

atlctyslkr
January 12, 2011, 11:21 AM
Anyone else practice or train with these, I'm thinking about getting a set.

Delaware_Dan
January 12, 2011, 11:45 AM
For what?

stephen426
January 12, 2011, 11:45 AM
Maybe for fun, but certainly not for defensive purposes. Even a well placed hit is not immediately fatal and will probably cause your target to escalate to a much more effective weapon... SUCH AS A GUN!!! I certainly would not use throwing stars if the bad guy already has a gun out. Then again... I am NOT a ninja. :rolleyes:

Get a set for fun if you like but nothing more. Technology has changed quite a bit since the day of the ninja... While throwing stars are silent, guns tend to be MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE!!!

jimbob86
January 12, 2011, 12:22 PM
On the principle of "Never do your enemy a minor injury.", "throwing stars" are a Bad Plan for self defense.

Brian Pfleuger
January 12, 2011, 12:24 PM
They're fun to play with....

Problem is, in a situation that might legally warrant their use, they ARE going to be considered a deadly weapon.

If I'm going to use a deadly weapon, I'm going to use a DEADLY weapon. I'm not messing with anything less when it comes time for lethal force.

KLRANGL
January 12, 2011, 12:52 PM
Not to mention carrying them on you is a major no no in most states. Anything with two points or more is verboten for carry in Virginia outside of private property.

Capt Charlie
January 12, 2011, 12:56 PM
OK, I'm all for alternatives, but shuriken?

Sorry, but now we're getting too far out in left field. Let's get back to at least semi-serious tactics and training.

Closed.