PDA

View Full Version : Remington R-25

CoyoteWright
January 8, 2011, 10:27 AM
Has any one had feed problems with the R-25 in 7 mm 08 ? I have one and can't find a load that will cycle the rifle even most of the time.... Any info will help...

mlong
January 8, 2011, 10:32 AM
i have a r 25 but mine is in 308 but i have not had eny problems at all and i have ran about 250 rounds threw it

MiniZ
January 8, 2011, 11:10 AM
Are you running your bolt/carrier combo well lubed? DI guns can have issues if you aren't using enough.

Also check that the gas key on top of the carrier is not loose. There are many instances out there where the key bolts have not been properly staked.

lmccrock
January 9, 2011, 07:35 AM
Tried factory ammo? What exactly is the failure? DPMS had a batch of bad mags for their 308 rifles, probably the same lines making both mags (the 20 round and short hunting mags for the R-25).

Lee

hodaka
January 9, 2011, 07:42 AM
Could be a gas leak. Check the position of the gas block on the barrel. It is held on by set screws, correct? It may have shifted causing a misalignment with the hole in the barrel. Doesn't take much.

ndking1126
January 9, 2011, 08:57 PM
In my experience, 90% of malfunctions are because of bad magazines in ARs/M4s/M16s, however I have no experience specifically with the r25.

We could be more help if you can be more specific about the actual problem. Bolt tries to chamber a round but the round goes somewhere other than the chamber (like straight out the ejection port)? Spent case isn't pulled from the chamber? Spent case is pulled from the chamber but not able to completely eject from the rifle? Etc, etc..

boz5150
April 11, 2012, 08:06 PM
Seems to me that the R-25 is a POS... I've tried a number of different factory loads, and have tried the P-Mag with all of them. I'd love to fire this rifle if I could get it to put a round in the chamber. Thanks Remington...do you offer exchanges??

globemaster3
April 12, 2012, 06:28 AM
Boz, like I mentioned in the other thread you resurrected as well as what ndking says here, need more info on your problem to help diagnose a solution.