View Full Version : November 2010 Photo Contest Voting Poll

Bud Helms
December 1, 2010, 09:10 PM
Vote for your favorite in November.

Contest thread is here (http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428618).

December 3, 2010, 07:14 PM
Toin coss between R.O and Rangefinder's entries this month. Both similiar in theme. R.O. came up tails. Good luck and thanks to all participants for the eye candy.:)

December 10, 2010, 11:48 AM
Congrats R.O. Nice composition! :)

December 10, 2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks ClemBert,appriciated

December 15, 2010, 11:01 AM
Great work RO!

December 15, 2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks Sturmgewehre, the picture's you post are just outstanding,like to know the equipment you use for taking such sharp immages:)

December 15, 2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks RO.

I have a lot of camera gear, it's my "other" hobby. :) I typically take pics in my home studio which looks like this:

I use Canon cameras, my primary camera that I do most of my pics with is a 1D Mark IV.

Just about any camera of reasonable quality will do, a lot of it has to do with the final editing in my opinion. That's where Photoshop skills come in handy. :)

The other part is composition... the thing I struggle with most. You seem to have a mastery of composition, I really like your old west theme and pistols. Again, nicely done.

December 15, 2010, 09:07 PM
wow ,I can only say I WISH I HAD IT, now I see how you can give that fantastic touch to your pictures,still the right man has to be behind the camera;),I love taking pics of my guns but I don't have the pro equipment like you have,I use a $90 LOL:D 6 mpxl Kodak easyshare ,that's the reason why some of the pictures are a bit out of focus, so was the UNDERTAKER picture
the watch is a bit out of focus, I think the composition of the picture did it ,I don't use photoshop ,I mostly take my pictures in daylight,like for example the pic I posted for the december contest is taken in daylight and the background is an old filmposter, before anyone thinks it's a photoshop pic,it's not
I want to thank everybody that voted for my picture ,it was my first time and it was great fun,
Sturmgewehre thank you for sharing

Bud Helms
December 16, 2010, 05:35 PM
I completely forgot about our voting poll thread.

Congratulations, R.O.