PDA

View Full Version : November 2010 Photo Contest Voting Poll

Bud Helms
December 1, 2010, 09:10 PM
Vote for your favorite in November.

Contest thread is here (http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428618).

DRBoyle
December 3, 2010, 07:14 PM
Toin coss between R.O and Rangefinder's entries this month. Both similiar in theme. R.O. came up tails. Good luck and thanks to all participants for the eye candy.:)

ClemBert
December 10, 2010, 11:48 AM
Congrats R.O. Nice composition! :)

R.O
December 10, 2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks ClemBert,appriciated

Sturmgewehre
December 15, 2010, 11:01 AM
Great work RO!

R.O
December 15, 2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks Sturmgewehre, the picture's you post are just outstanding,like to know the equipment you use for taking such sharp immages:)

Sturmgewehre
December 15, 2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks RO.

I have a lot of camera gear, it's my "other" hobby. :) I typically take pics in my home studio which looks like this:

http://www.intempusphotography.com/photos/1083135952_x2wxQ-L.jpg

I use Canon cameras, my primary camera that I do most of my pics with is a 1D Mark IV.

Just about any camera of reasonable quality will do, a lot of it has to do with the final editing in my opinion. That's where Photoshop skills come in handy. :)

The other part is composition... the thing I struggle with most. You seem to have a mastery of composition, I really like your old west theme and pistols. Again, nicely done.

R.O
December 15, 2010, 09:07 PM
wow ,I can only say I WISH I HAD IT, now I see how you can give that fantastic touch to your pictures,still the right man has to be behind the camera;),I love taking pics of my guns but I don't have the pro equipment like you have,I use a $90 LOL:D 6 mpxl Kodak easyshare ,that's the reason why some of the pictures are a bit out of focus, so was the UNDERTAKER picture
the watch is a bit out of focus, I think the composition of the picture did it ,I don't use photoshop ,I mostly take my pictures in daylight,like for example the pic I posted for the december contest is taken in daylight and the background is an old filmposter, before anyone thinks it's a photoshop pic,it's not
I want to thank everybody that voted for my picture ,it was my first time and it was great fun,
Sturmgewehre thank you for sharing

Reinhard

Bud Helms
December 16, 2010, 05:35 PM
I completely forgot about our voting poll thread.

Congratulations, R.O.