PDA

View Full Version : AR 15????

huckfinn
December 1, 2010, 05:31 PM
Not sure if this is the right area or not. I need help on pricing two guns that I may sell. This first is an ar15. It is a Colt Match Target H-Bar w/1-7 twist. I love this gun but it has sat in the closet for ten years, still looks brand new. It is post-ban I bought it from a dealer in 1996. My hunch is this gun is worth right around a grand. I'm a fireman and I know a lot of cops they tell me its worth as low as 600 bucks and as high as 1200. I saw the same gun on a website that went for 1600 last year.....I'm lost???? Any Ideas????

The next gun I may sell is a Browning .243 BPR. This is a pump action rifle. It has had less than twenty round through it. This gun is in perfect condition. Gander Mt near me offered my 350 for it....I thinks thats about half the value but I really don't know. This is a great gun I just want a bigger caliber.

These guns MAY be for sale. I've thought about selling them before and talked myself out of it. Any thoughts....should I keep these guys.

HF

Ridge_Runner_5
December 1, 2010, 05:55 PM
A ban era Colt, probably won't get a grand from it. It's effectively neutered.

Guns sold for insane prices last year, and the market is flooded with cheap ARs right now.

You can try putting it up for sale at $1000, but probably won't get that much out of it, IMHO...

huckfinn
December 1, 2010, 06:21 PM
Thanks,

I don't NEED to sell it.....would it do better to hold it while????

Bartholomew Roberts
December 1, 2010, 06:52 PM
There is a glut of ARs right now. You would have done better selling it in early 2009 when people were losing their minds in a rush to buy ARs.

As it is now, it is a ban era AR that has different size pins than more recent Colts (or any other AR). From a practical standpoint, I think $900-1000 is probably a decent range if you aren't looking to turn it around quick.

However, you might check the exact model number, label, box etc. Colt collectors will pay nutty prices sometimes for some oddball variant.

precision_shooter
December 1, 2010, 06:53 PM
Best thing to do is check gunbroker for auctions of the same or as similar as possible to what your selling. Watch the auctions to close and see what the final price is. That will give you the best idea of what people are willing to pay.

ripnbst
December 1, 2010, 09:00 PM
I don't know that holding on to it will really increase its value. Everyone and their brother is building AR's now so the market is just becoming more and more saturated which unfortunately makes your guns value drop and drop and drop.

If you're are set on selling it I would think sooner would net better results than later.

huckfinn
December 1, 2010, 10:35 PM
thanks for the advice everyone, so anyone know anything about the Browning I have??? I really wanted to sell it and maybe move up in caliber a bit, but with some of the things I've read on this forum it sounds like maybe I should give the .243 a little more respect.

Jim243
December 4, 2010, 11:57 AM
Yep, give the 243 more respect and move up to Hornady 105 grain A-Max bullets. The Browning sounds like a sweet gun. I'd buy it for $350.00, but just bought a new AR for $599.00 and Savage is selling the Axion (Edge) new 243 for $329.00 at Cabela's. This will be a tough market for gun sales.

Jim243