View Full Version : Finnish Mosins From SOG?

Nico Testosteros
November 16, 2010, 02:47 PM
Can anyone tell me about the Finn mosin nagants listed by SOG? Good quality for the $229 they're asking? I swore I wouldn't buy any more fins this year but that seems like A good deal of they're in good shape.
Thanks, Nico

November 20, 2010, 06:42 PM
I too was interested in one...so I ordered the BAV 1 model. They were a little more expensive originally, but now all M 39s are on sale for 229 as you were aware. I think the reason the B's were more expensive is because the barrels were specially machined from Belgium, if I understand correctly?

November 21, 2010, 07:39 AM
Yep. The "B" barrels were contracted from Belgium in 1942, but were assembled post war. They command a premium (slight) becasue they have a tendency to be in better condition and are limited to 1942 dated barrels. If your M91 is also VKT (Valtion Kirvaaritehdas) stamped, it is even rarer.

Nico Testosteros
December 4, 2010, 05:20 PM
I ordered a B barrel. Will post pics once I receive it - hopefully next week.

December 4, 2010, 06:24 PM
Got mine in yesterday. Looks like its been in storage forever...seems to be in immaculate condition, plus a sling was included. :). Don't think you will be disappointed, Nico.

Nico Testosteros
December 14, 2010, 05:18 PM
I am NOT disappointed. Mine is in very good shape. Only a couple dings in the postwar stock. I still need to clean it and shoot it. I am curious as to when/where the receiver was made. Came with sling, which was a nice plus. The arsenal tag has absolutely no writing on it. Front sight is marked as a 7 but there is no marking on the barrel behind it. Bolt and receiver match.

Nico Testosteros
December 14, 2010, 05:23 PM
I forgot to say that my other 2 C&R rifles are a No. 4 Mk 1* Long Branch and a K31 so by comparison this M39 is in super shape!

December 14, 2010, 09:10 PM
This guy seems pretty happy too: